Any Home Bakers Here?

I would want one too if I needed one.
I was always baffled that people wanted to use anything but their hands. Now I have too many arthritis days, and the stand mixer was purchased.
I have so many nieces and nephews, but I assume Duckling will get the Kitchenchenaid and All American pressure canner.

I'd love some recommendations here from anyone who has a stand mixer, or has recently purchased one. I've been mixing cakes for years with a little electric hand mixer, but tonight the poor little mixer gave out on me. I've been wanting a stand mixer, but I just would love some input onto a good brand to use and what your experiences with your own (and the brand name) have been if you are willing to share. And then, I'll eventually have one on my Christmas ideas list with my husband :)
I have had good luck with kitchenaid mixers too!

Bakers good morning one and all!

Well I've been out of touch for several days.

My computer was giving me a fit and had to take in to the tech to work on it. It needed a new hard drive. I ended up getting a new computer.

Have a great day!

Enjoy your new computer @Ladies-Eight!

My Mom has a SunBeam stand mixer - it is probably 30 years old now. It is a nice unit, but she doesn't use it much because it is heavy and she keeps it in the bottom cabinet ... too heavy for her to lift to countertop to use it.
I had the 5 qt., tilt top KitchenAid. It was a touch small for some of my recipes so DH bought me a 7qt. lift bowl style KA. I love it. I have a grinder, a shredder, a pasta roller and the ice cream maker attachments for it. The newer grinder attachment is a piece of junk, I am scrounging it for parts to keep my old grinder attachment going, lol. The rest of the attachments are great.

My Mom has a SunBeam stand mixer - it is probably 30 years old now. It is a nice unit, but she doesn't use it much because it is heavy and she keeps it in the bottom cabinet ... too heavy for her to lift to countertop to use it.
I had the 5 qt., tilt top KitchenAid. It was a touch small for some of my recipes so DH bought me a 7qt. lift bowl style KA. I love it. I have a grinder, a shredder, a pasta roller and the ice cream maker attachments for it. The newer grinder attachment is a piece of junk, I am scrounging it for parts to keep my old grinder attachment going, lol. The rest of the attachments are great.
I’m jealous of all the attachments you have, but you touched on why I’ve never made the plunge. Everyone keeps complaining that the pieces are now plastic, and break way too easily. I can’t see paying for attachments that will break.

My second attempt at making danishes went better than the first. They tasted better too! :drool
39515C07-F228-47E8-B8E0-A8881A960237.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom