Any Home Bakers Here?

My question to the pro- lifters, is am I right to think about the weight of the bowl breaking/weakening the arms? If I decide to mix a ten pound dog with a twenty pound dog to get a litter of fifteen pound dogs … :lol:
I don’t know, maybe I have a bowl mostly full of liquid. That is about ten or so pounds.

The 5qt has the tilt head while the 7qt has the lift bowl. I like the capacity of the 7 but miss the tilt head.
We have the 5 qt tilt. I don't think I'd like the lift version since I think you can't take the bowl off without removing the mixing thing first. Could be wrong on that. The one thing I don't like is the cr@ppy plastic top shield. Pretty much useless, they really could have made a better design for the money they charge for the machines.

I don't know if the 7 qt is more powerful. I once tried to make a double batch of King Arthur basic sourdough and the machine wasn't happy about that.

And yes on "check the price" for color, pretty amazing difference. Ours is plain boring white.

Anyone here have one that is NOT KA?
We also have an old Kenwood. Still works fine but isn't up to the rigors of making bread dough. Fine for cakes and the like. DD1 has it up at school in Canada.

The 7 qt is a more powerful motor - mine still struggles a little when the bread dough gets too dry. However, I have found that mixing 1/2 of the flour with the wet ingredients first makes it much easier to add the rest of the flour - AND a bread dough that is too dry doesn't make a nice loaf.

The arms are plenty strong enough to lift and hold the bowl plus ingredients. There is actually some bounce built into the arms so if the beater hits something and wants to stop, the bowl will bounce down a little to let the beater keep moving (does that make sense?)

You cannot remove the bowl without removing the beater on a "bowl lift" machine. But, the machine will not tilt out of the bowl and spray batter all over your kitchen with a lift machine either. Not sure how that one happened, but it was a mess.

My question to the pro- lifters, is am I right to think about the weight of the bowl breaking/weakening the arms? If I decide to mix a ten pound dog with a twenty pound dog to get a litter of fifteen pound dogs … :lol:
I don’t know, maybe I have a bowl mostly full of liquid. That is about ten or so pounds.
My DW has problems getting the bowl onto the pegs against the spring latch. The lift is not a problem.

It is mostly technique though

I have a Kitchen Aid and like it and it has been working for MANY YEARS. I have a friend in Canada
that has a Bosch Mixer. She can see what is going on and it looks NEAT. Aria

Wow googled never seen one but can see why now ..
How very cool have you looked at one ?

I have a Kitchen Aid and like it and it has been working for MANY YEARS. I have a friend in Canada
that has a Bosch Mixer. She can see what is going on and it looks NEAT. Aria
There are some nice mixers out there! Some even accept kitchenaid attachments

Back
Top Bottom