Any Home Bakers Here?

It is finally cool enough today to turn on the oven so I tried a new recipe. A lot of times, regular dinner roll recipes make too much for just one person, I like this one because it only makes 4 rolls. There's no kneading with this recipe and the rolls are delicious.

45-Minute Small Batch Dinner Rolls

1/2 Cup warm water (25-30 seconds in the microwave)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups AP flour

* Preheat oven to 400* and spray a 6" round pan with cooking spray.
* Place the water, olive oil, sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes. It will be very frothy when time is up. Mix in the salt and flour. Start mixer on "stir" for a few seconds to incorporate the flour. Switch to #2 setting for about 30 seconds and then up to #4 setting until the dough comes completely together. All of the dough should form into a ball and the sides of the bowl are almost clean of dough. (If your dough is too wet, add 1-2 Tablespoons of flour)
* Place dough on a work surface and section into 4 balls. Place the rolls into the prepared pan. Let rest 5 minutes.
* Bake 13-16 minutes, until top starts to get golden.

View attachment 2733038
Debby, Thanks ...this is perfect for just me. Thanks for sharing. YOU have been one of my
favorites. Thanks Again, Aria

It is finally cool enough today to turn on the oven so I tried a new recipe. A lot of times, regular dinner roll recipes make too much for just one person, I like this one because it only makes 4 rolls. There's no kneading with this recipe and the rolls are delicious.

45-Minute Small Batch Dinner Rolls

1/2 Cup warm water (25-30 seconds in the microwave)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups AP flour

* Preheat oven to 400* and spray a 6" round pan with cooking spray.
* Place the water, olive oil, sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes. It will be very frothy when time is up. Mix in the salt and flour. Start mixer on "stir" for a few seconds to incorporate the flour. Switch to #2 setting for about 30 seconds and then up to #4 setting until the dough comes completely together. All of the dough should form into a ball and the sides of the bowl are almost clean of dough. (If your dough is too wet, add 1-2 Tablespoons of flour)
* Place dough on a work surface and section into 4 balls. Place the rolls into the prepared pan. Let rest 5 minutes.
* Bake 13-16 minutes, until top starts to get golden.

View attachment 2733038
Thanks for the recipe!

Did you use fast acting yeast?

How warm is it at that point? For warm water I usually just take it out of the hot tap - 115°-120°F

Now that you mention it, that is pretty much the same isn't it!
The zone of life is 85F to 120F for bacteria.

It is a bit dangerous to use 120F for blooming yeast. You can go that hot if the recipe uses rapid yeast and has you mix yeast, flour, sugar and salt together first.

For traditional recipes, I use 110 to 115F for the temperature of the liquid.

Thanks for the recipe!

Did you use fast acting yeast?

This is the yeast I use (I've had great luck with it): Yeast.jpg

Back
Top Bottom