Any Home Bakers Here?

It has cooled to 70 degrees here. Was able to BAKE.
Aria

It’s not scorching today, but it’s warm in the house, and as soon as I got excited about cinnamon raisin bread, I realized I was just too hot to want to eat something that I associate with autumn.
It's at 84 @7PM , but still feels like 88 😰.

No cooking here, just had leftovers.

I got my SDS from Ron
Me too! I got it out of the refrigerator tonight. DD and her BF left for VA on Wed so I can bake gluten bread again.

I can't buy bread anymore either. AND ENJOY MAKING and working with Sourdough...FUN and HEALTHY. Aria
AND you are healthy enough to bake again :D

That song has the most misheard lyric of them all:

"There's a bathroom on the right."
No, no, everyone knows the bathroom is on the left ;)

My church has shut down until further notice because some congregants tested positive for Covid. Such a shame. Everything was starting to feel normal again.
Not surprising given the one dose vaccination rate for all people in LA is 40.3% and the fully vaccinated rate is 36.4%. I suspect Delta is going to hit your state hard.

Me too! I got it out of the refrigerator tonight. DD and her BF left for VA on Wed so I can bake gluten bread again.

AND you are healthy enough to bake again :D

No, no, everyone knows the bathroom is on the left ;)

Not surprising given the one dose vaccination rate for all people in LA is 40.3% and the fully vaccinated rate is 36.4%. I suspect Delta is going to hit your state hard.
Yeah, it definitely will. Luckily, my whole family is fully vaccinated, but many of our friends are not.

The chickens must be so uncomfortable. The misting will help. This has NOT been a great Year for many reasons. Certainly one of the Worst
events happened in our family.
Difficult to accept and live a different life. I PRAY daily for GOD to help me. Aria
Life changes can be hard!

I pray that you will continue to recover and hope that bread making helps!

The chickens have all had their bout in our shower to cool down-- the d'Uccles are sitting in there while we weedeat their run. Heat index was 110 today!

My church has shut down until further notice because some congregants tested positive for Covid. Such a shame. Everything was starting to feel normal again.

I guess I'll be doing some Sunday morning baking! Might do a sourdough. My poor Lois has been stuck in the back of the fridge and has some substantial hooch. I've always wondered what hooch would taste like, but I'm too much of a wimp to taste it.
A Bar here had to shut down because two customers that were not vaccinated came in and infected two workers.

Delta is so contagious that the two workers were vaccinated and had break through infections! The Bar had been open only since March and will be closed until the end of August.

I read a prediction that the current Delta wave will peak in Sept. so we will continue to see this kind of stuff

Life changes can be hard!

I pray that you will continue to recover and hope that bread making helps!
Keeping Genesis active and alive (THANKS to you) is
fun and something I look forward being able to do again. I am MUCH better...still using my walker to be SAFE and trying to make a different life. All on
this Forum do HELP. Baking has always been something I enjoyed and now more than ever. And learning Sourdough has been neat. Now I am baking weekly. My family, My neighbors, and All on this Forum have been a blessing. Aria

Morning everyone, scary morning today.

I woke up because I heard a loud thump, and my mom had passed out on the bathroom floor. She threw out her back yesterday, took a muscle relaxer last night, and apparently it wasn't enough, because a muscle spasm made her pass out. She woke up when I said "Mom, are you okay?" She's okay now, but it took an hour to help her stand and get into a rolling chair. Waiting for the spasm to calm down so we can take her to urgent care.

Keeping Genesis active and alive (THANKS to you) is
fun and something I look forward being able to do again. I am MUCH better...still using my walker to be SAFE and trying to make a different life. All on
this Forum do HELP. Baking has always been something I enjoyed and now more than ever. And learning Sourdough has been neat. Now I am baking weekly. My family, My neighbors, and All on this Forum have been a blessing. Aria
I am so happy that sourdough baking and Our forum is a good help for Your!

Morning everyone, scary morning today.

I woke up because I heard a loud thump, and my mom had passed out on the bathroom floor. She threw out her back yesterday, took a muscle relaxer last night, and apparently it wasn't enough, because a muscle spasm made her pass out. She woke up when I said "Mom, are you okay?" She's okay now, but it took an hour to help her stand and get into a rolling chair. Waiting for the spasm to calm down so we can take her to urgent care.
I hope she is ok! I have had surgery for spinal stenosis and remember the pain as being excruciating.

I absolutley love to bake and cook

I am not a good baker, but I love to cook.
Lyrics

Bad Moon Rising

I see the bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin

Well don't go around tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise, all right

Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye

Well don't go around tonight

Don't come around tonight

Really strange song.

The chickens must be so uncomfortable. The misting will help. This has NOT been a great Year for many reasons. Certainly one of the Worst
events happened in our family.
Difficult to accept and live a different life. I PRAY daily for GOD to help me. Aria

My chickens live in warm to hot weather all year. So I guess they are use to it.

Back
Top Bottom