Any Home Bakers Here?

Dinner today.
20211025_134102.jpg

He was delicious. He was served with stuffing, mashed potatoes, succotash and gravy.

A friend asked me to make her daughter’s birthday cake sometime soon, so I’ll be doing that. Otherwise, I’ve been on a bit of a baking sabbatical.

In chickeny news, I’m getting a new coop for my bantams. I have 2 month old EE pullets and a 2 month old d’Uccle pullets still in my living room because I haven’t been able to find them a coop. Finally caved and am getting an Omlet Go UP to match with my Omlet Cube. My other d’Uccles will go into the Go UP with my 3 indoor pullets. When the EEs reach POL I’ll integrate them with my other adult hens in the Cube, and the d’Uccles will have a bantam coop.

We have a ... no-longer-young lady friend (87 yo) who always has more chickens of the male persuasion than she needs or knows what to do with, as she lives alone and it is hardly worth her time or effort to process or cook one just for herself. Although we offered to pay her for them, she was just tickled to have us take some off her hands, so tonight we went and got five. They will be processed tomorrow. At least one I think is not young, but he will be roasted for bone broth. The rest will either go in the freezer or possibly be parted out and canned. I feel so Mother Earthy and self-sufficient! By Christmas I expect to have as many as 25 birds so processed, so I won't have to buy grocery chickens for a long time! Woot!

We have a ... no-longer-young lady friend (87 yo) who always has more chickens of the male persuasion than she needs or knows what to do with, as she lives alone and it is hardly worth her time or effort to process or cook one just for herself. Although we offered to pay her for them, she was just tickled to have us take some off her hands, so tonight we went and got five. They will be processed tomorrow. At least one I think is not young, but he will be roasted for bone broth. The rest will either go in the freezer or possibly be parted out and canned. I feel so Mother Earthy and self-sufficient! By Christmas I expect to have as many as 25 birds so processed, so I won't have to buy grocery chickens for a long time! Woot!
Getting it for free is the best seasoning 🤣

My Sourdough Started is happy and well, thanks to
Ron. Today I a planning to BAKE 3 loaves of Multigrain Sourdough Seeded Bread. Aria
Forgot to mention my Sourdough was given to me
by Ron in September 2016. Genesis if 5 years old.
I was in the Hospital one time lately, and Ron helped
me bring it back to active life with Apple Cider Vinegar. It remains active, live and well. Aria

A friend asked me to make her daughter’s birthday cake sometime soon, so I’ll be doing that. Otherwise, I’ve been on a bit of a baking sabbatical.

In chickeny news, I’m getting a new coop for my bantams. I have 2 month old EE pullets and a 2 month old d’Uccle pullets still in my living room because I haven’t been able to find them a coop. Finally caved and am getting an Omlet Go UP to match with my Omlet Cube. My other d’Uccles will go into the Go UP with my 3 indoor pullets. When the EEs reach POL I’ll integrate them with my other adult hens in the Cube, and the d’Uccles will have a bantam coop.
Sounds like you will Busy with your Chickens. It
is time....have fun. Wish I was able to be busy with Chickens. Aria

Back
Top Bottom