Any Home Bakers Here?

We frequently have "A UPS/FED EX package I was supposed to get, and tracking said it was delivered only I didn't get it" posts on our Front Porch Forum (*). I don't know if people ever get them since I don't see any posts back saying "it was delivered to my house" or "thanks to the person who emailed me that they have my package".

* Vermont thing? Town by town "social media" where your name and street are on anything you post.
For years there was a train from our Area to Vermont. It NO LONGER EXISTS. The World has
changed in many ways. Aria

Hey Home Bakers had that with one pair of keds tennies .. My best female friend is our Post Mistress.. She had to take a medical leave, the stand in beleives he is God with new rules.
Amazon was fast to send another pair .. Pretty much has ups bringing the rest to our door
Where Amazon has warehouses, Amazon handles the deliveries. I know a person that received Amazon deliveries before daylight this morning that were from orders placed yesterday.

Here if you have Amazon Prime, the deliveries will be by UPS. If you don't have Prime, most of the deliveries will be through USPS and may or may not show up on time.

For years there was a train from our Area to Vermont. It NO LONGER EXISTS. The World has
changed in many ways. Aria
From which direction? They are presumably working on getting Amtrak trains back up this way. Used to be you could get from NYC to Montreal through Burlington. Hasn't been an Amtrak train in Burlington for longer than forever I think. The train does go to Essex Junction, via Boston I think??, but that isn't real convenient if you don't want to be there. Pretty basic blah station too.

We frequently have "A UPS/FED EX package I was supposed to get, and tracking said it was delivered only I didn't get it" posts on our Front Porch Forum (*). I don't know if people ever get them since I don't see any posts back saying "it was delivered to my house" or "thanks to the person who emailed me that they have my package".

* Vermont thing? Town by town "social media" where your name and street are on anything you post.
It gets even worse. If you plug in my home address, depending which map system you use, it shows my location as anything from my nearest neighbor 1/4 mile away up to a ranch in the next town over, 7 miles away. I’ve only been here for two years and for half that, I worked 60 miles away. A lot of the folks around me are the same. They commute outside this area for work.

Fed Ex did this last spring and took four days to straighten it out. But UPS has delivered to my door before. That’s another factor adding to my frustration. I’ll just consider it an opportunity to work on my patience and remaining calm. Last night, I failed miserably. Today, I’m doing better.

From now on, if they need a street address, I’ll give them the post office. I can pick up when I collect my mail.

But I really need to bake bread soon or I’ll be reduced to store bought.

It gets even worse. If you plug in my home address, depending which map system you use, it shows my location as anything from my nearest neighbor 1/4 mile away up to a ranch in the next town over, 7 miles away. I’ve only been here for two years and for half that, I worked 60 miles away. A lot of the folks around me are the same. They commute outside this area for work.

Fed Ex did this last spring and took four days to straighten it out. But UPS has delivered to my door before. That’s another factor adding to my frustration. I’ll just consider it an opportunity to work on my patience and remaining calm. Last night, I failed miserably. Today, I’m doing better.

From now on, if they need a street address, I’ll give them the post office. I can pick up when I collect my mail.

But I really need to bake bread soon or I’ll be reduced to store bought.
We don't seem to be on the Google Maps grid, either. Service people coming here to work on our furnace/AC, water softener, oven, or the guy who came to treat for wasps often end up at one or the other of my in-laws' places. I've learned to tell them to go to the truck stop and call me, wait there and I'll come get them, it's only two miles away. Goofle Maps lies, lol! That's not a typo. :lau

Back
Top Bottom