Any Home Bakers Here?

What a traditional Thanksgiving Day Spread.

Looks a lot like how I use to do it.

I hope everyone enjoyed the dinner.

Another traditional Thanksgiving spread!

Hop everyone enjoyed the dinner.
I'll bring hot coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cookies! It's gonna be a party on @MTKitty 's porch tomorrow! :)

Sounds great!

Welll... I think I made my best lemon pie yet. I have some things to tweak, but I think the curd is holding together! :thumbsup

The turkey, however, is dry. Dry-dry-dry. I used the last of my cornstarch on the pie (forgot to see if I needed another box, :mad:), so I had to thicken the gravy with flour. Which means no gravy for me. All for DH. I can't drown my dry turkey with what I bet is very tasty gravy.

I'm sure I baked it for too long. Everything I read said 20 lb = 5-6 hours, or 5.5-6.5 hours. I checked at barely 5 hours, and sure enough, the little gizmo had popped. So it probably was a bit too long.

Turkey hash! Turkey pot pie! Turkey chili!

What a first world problem, huh? I have too much of something that is a bit less than great. And, yes, I am very thankful. I learned something, and lessons are always a good thing.
We put wine and orange juice in the bottom of the pan for the baked turkey. It keeps it moist.

I've never had traditionally made matcha, but I have had matcha mochi, and pre-bagged matcha green tea. I really like the flavor!

I think I know everyone one here well enough to say: We would all LOVE if ou posted that recipe!:thumbsup
Here's the recipe. If others are interested, hopefully they'll find it here. This is called "Bakery Style Bread" :
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspon yeast
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
Mix and let sit covered for 12 to 20 hours. Bake in a preheated cast iron dutch oven at 500 degrees covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes more. The loaf will be round and it is very crusty - delectable!! Hope you all enjoy it. :)

YES...we all like new Recipes. Thanks Aria
Here's the recipe again for you and whomever else sees this. It's called "Bakery Style Bread".
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 1/4 teaspon salt
1 1/2 cups water

Mix and let sit covered for 10 to 20 hours. Bake in a pre-heated cast iron dutch oven with lid on at 500 degrees for 30 minutes and then uncovered for another 10 minutes more. You will have a round loaf that is very crusty and DELECTABLE!! :) Enjoy.

Well, poo. Tracking says my proofing box is “on its way” after being loaded on the truck at the nearby distribution center this morning, but it hasn’t changed to “out for delivery.” They have until 9 p.m., but I rather suspect it isn’t going to happen today.

I doubt I’ll see it until Monday. As a consolation prize, I did get a visit from a small herd of mulies at sunset: adult female, juvenile, and three subadults. It was fun watching them (since they weren’t eating my garden, but that’s because there’s nothing in it).

BE26A4FE-493F-4E4E-A0F8-213584D73BF7.jpeg

Family Heirloom passed to me. It’s amazing, the last person to play this was my great grandfather.

Here's the recipe. If others are interested, hopefully they'll find it here. This is called "Bakery Style Bread" :
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspon yeast
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
Mix and let sit covered for 12 to 20 hours. Bake in a preheated cast iron dutch oven at 500 degrees covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes more. The loaf will be round and it is very crusty - delectable!! Hope you all enjoy it. :)
Thanks for the recipe!

Well, poo. Tracking says my proofing box is “on its way” after being loaded on the truck at the nearby distribution center this morning, but it hasn’t changed to “out for delivery.” They have until 9 p.m., but I rather suspect it isn’t going to happen today.

I doubt I’ll see it until Monday. As a consolation prize, I did get a visit from a small herd of mulies at sunset: adult female, juvenile, and three subadults. It was fun watching them (since they weren’t eating my garden, but that’s because there’s nothing in it).
I hope it gets there today!

Back
Top Bottom