Any Home Bakers Here?

Absolutely! I love to bake -as long as I promise my wife that I'll clean up. I LOVE bread. It's probably my favorite food. My wife has a recipe for a European-style bread that you cook in a cast iron dutch oven. You don't have to kneed it, so that makes it easier. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'll be glad to respond and give it to you.
YES...we all like new Recipes. Thanks Aria

I am receiving a Thanksgiving Dinner from my neighbor. All well here. Is anyone into Matcha?
I heat little water in the Large Japanese bowl add Organic Matcha with the wooden spoon. I heat milk in the smaller Japanese bowl and add tip of wooden spoon little honey. Mix with my antique mixer and ENJOY. Delicious. Health Benefits. Aria
I've never had traditionally made matcha, but I have had matcha mochi, and pre-bagged matcha green tea. I really like the flavor!
Absolutely! I love to bake -as long as I promise my wife that I'll clean up. I LOVE bread. It's probably my favorite food. My wife has a recipe for a European-style bread that you cook in a cast iron dutch oven. You don't have to kneed it, so that makes it easier. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'll be glad to respond and give it to you.
I think I know everyone one here well enough to say: We would all LOVE if ou posted that recipe!:thumbsup

As if I hadn’t eaten enough, we’re heading to my cousins’ for Second Thanksgiving :lau I’m making a sourdough loaf for the occasion :)
You can send all the Thanksgiving Goodies to me and I will take your sourdough loaf too. I think that
may be my favorite meal. I will have enough for Today. Saturday ???? All gone. Aria

Welll... I think I made my best lemon pie yet. I have some things to tweak, but I think the curd is holding together! :thumbsup

The turkey, however, is dry. Dry-dry-dry. I used the last of my cornstarch on the pie (forgot to see if I needed another box, :mad:), so I had to thicken the gravy with flour. Which means no gravy for me. All for DH. I can't drown my dry turkey with what I bet is very tasty gravy.

I'm sure I baked it for too long. Everything I read said 20 lb = 5-6 hours, or 5.5-6.5 hours. I checked at barely 5 hours, and sure enough, the little gizmo had popped. So it probably was a bit too long.

Turkey hash! Turkey pot pie! Turkey chili!

What a first world problem, huh? I have too much of something that is a bit less than great. And, yes, I am very thankful. I learned something, and lessons are always a good thing.

Well you aren’t alone Sally! I decided to roast the 17 pound Turkey using the convection roast setting on my new last year oven. I followed the instructions on the bag the Turkey came in which said to put it on a rack or some carrots to get the bottom of the bird off the pan. Then since the oven has a probe, I thought why not?

Sometime about an hour in I inadvertently shut off the oven! The probe temp was showing so I think I tried to toggle to see the oven temp and ended up shutting the oven off. :th Finally I unplugged the probe and turned it back on but meanwhile lost about an hour of cooking time. So the mashed potatoes were cold by the time everything came together and like always I sat there wishing I could just have a Turkey sandwich.:gig

Well you aren’t alone Sally! I decided to roast the 17 pound Turkey using the convection roast setting on my new last year oven. I followed the instructions on the bag the Turkey came in which said to put it on a rack or some carrots to get the bottom of the bird off the pan. Then since the oven has a probe, I thought why not?

Sometime about an hour in I inadvertently shut off the oven! The probe temp was showing so I think I tried to toggle to see the oven temp and ended up shutting the oven off. :th Finally I unplugged the probe and turned it back on but meanwhile lost about an hour of cooking time. So the mashed potatoes were cold by the time everything came together and like always I sat there wishing I could just have a Turkey sandwich.:gig
This happens sooner or LATER to all of us. I am
going to get a Turkey Breast and Cook it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWe3K0BUvQ This is the recipe I will follow.
Aria

Back
Top Bottom