Any Home Bakers Here?

DH had an Amazon order, so I had him tack on a silicone baking mat. I looked in the Sonoma store in the mall, and they didn't have this kind: round, with long tabs on the sides. You put it in the Dutch oven, put the sourdough loaf on top of it, and then you can lift the whole thing out when it's done. It takes the place of parchment paper.

I am cautiously optimistic.

The proofing box arrived. By magic. It’s Sunday, so I doubt UPS is responsible. It was not there this morning when I was doing outside chores at 0800. When I went out at 1130, the box was sitting outside my yard fence. Upside down. I’m hoping it wasn’t dropped or thrown.

I didn’t hear anyone in the driveway. But it could have been when I was in the shower. Since it was outside the fence, I suspect it was whoever received it; and they didn’t come into the yard to knock on the door.

When I got it inside, I realized the single strip of shipping tape had been cut. But it doesn’t look like anything in the box was disturbed.

I have it set up now to run about 5-6 degrees higher than my kitchen temp to be sure it works after its weekend adventure. I just wish I knew who dropped it off so I could thank them.

I am cautiously optimistic.

The proofing box arrived. By magic. It’s Sunday, so I doubt UPS is responsible. It was not there this morning when I was doing outside chores at 0800. When I went out at 1130, the box was sitting outside my yard fence. Upside down. I’m hoping it wasn’t dropped or thrown.

I didn’t hear anyone in the driveway. But it could have been when I was in the shower. Since it was outside the fence, I suspect it was whoever received it; and they didn’t come into the yard to knock on the door.

When I got it inside, I realized the single strip of shipping tape had been cut. But it doesn’t look like anything in the box was disturbed.

I have it set up now to run about 5-6 degrees higher than my kitchen temp to be sure it works after its weekend adventure. I just wish I knew who dropped it off so I could thank them.
WOW...an adventure you could have done without. Perhaps it work fine and it will be worth
it. Enjoy. Aria

:fl Let us know how it goes...
Yay!! I let it get closer to room temperature, then set it up. Ambient temperature on the countertop was ~63*. I set the box for 72*. My digital thermometer read 69* after twenty minutes and 71* when I ended the test at 45 minutes. Success!

The kicker came when I decided to let UPS know that I finally had the box. After two failed phone calls and the run-around from a chat-bot online, I told the bot I was happy to let them waste their time tracking down my shipment since they made it so difficult to update my claim status. ... to think I once admired the work UPS does. 🙄

Last edited:
Yay!! I let it get closer to room temperature, then set it up. Ambient temperature on the countertop was ~63*. I set the box for 72*. My digital thermometer read 69* after twenty minutes and 71* when I ended the test at 45 minutes. Success!

The kicker came when I decided to let UPS know that I finally had the box. After two failed phone calls and the run-around from a chat-bot online, I told the bot I was happy to let them waste their time tracking down my shipment since they made it so difficult to update my claim status. ... to think I once admired the work UPS does. 🙄
I went three months without a single package being delivered here. I finally waited outside for three packages in a row, and the third was at least being delivered two doors down. I scared the driver, but I’ve only had one delivery (of 4 boxes :th ) delivered wrong since March.

Back
Top Bottom