Any Home Bakers Here?

A friend of mine had 4 UPS deliveries not show up after being shown on-line as being delivered. The 4th one, she happened to be home and on-line when it showed up as being delivered. Her terrier never barked - big clue that UPS didn't come near her house - and there was no package at the door. She called in and had a discussion with the customer service. They checked the delivery address and it had been changed to a different address - it did not match her billing address even though her name was still on it.
She called the local police and working with the UPS clerk, the police stopped by the "delivery address" to ask about the package. The person answering the door "didn't know anything about a UPS delivery" ... the cop saw the personalized throw she had ordered on the kitchen counter but couldn't follow up because the person "denied any knowledge" of the package.
She hasn't lost any packages since - but she now puts a delivery message that says "If delivery address is not #####, Contact (her name and phone number)".
The cops think that there was a person at the local UPS distribution center that was altering the shipping labels somehow and in cahoots with the lady who got the visit from the cops.
Wow, a theft ring! Wonder if the woman involved was keeping or selling the items received. 🤔 Seems if the officer could SEE the article described, that sounds like "probable cause" to investigate a theft. Maybe he could have found evidence, like the packaging and shipping lable.

The cops think that there was a person at the local UPS distribution center that was altering the shipping labels somehow and in cahoots with the lady who got the visit from the cops.
I hope they figure out who it is and slam them in jail. I'm sure the lady is selling the stuff.

Seems if the officer could SEE the article described, that sounds like "probable cause" to investigate a theft.
Yes but they have to get a search warrant first. And of course the goods will have disappeared by the time the cop gets back.

So many firsts today. Weighing instead of measuring ingredients. Autolysing the flour. Making a levain to proof the yeast. Using a proofing box. Three risings instead of two. Baking in a covered cast iron pan.

It’s killing me to wait until this loaf cools before I cut into it. But that’s new to me, too.

1AFB5DB7-5BDB-49CD-BF30-CBA448D75D11.jpeg

So many firsts today. Weighing instead of measuring ingredients. Autolysing the flour. Making a levain to proof the yeast. Using a proofing box. Three risings instead of two. Baking in a covered cast iron pan.

It’s killing me to wait until this loaf cools before I cut into it. But that’s new to me, too.

View attachment 2913554
Nice looking bread!

View attachment 2913554
:drool That is BEAUTIFUL! You'll have to tell us if it tastes as good as it looks. Did the crust sing when you took it out?

:drool That is BEAUTIFUL! You'll have to tell us if it tastes as good as it looks. Did the crust sing when you took it out?
Thank you. I’m not sure what I’d do if my food sang to me as it came out of the oven. Freak out comes to mind. 😉 But yes, it crackled at me a little.

The crust was better than what I usually get with my “normal” bread. I believe that’s the cloche effect of covering the pan. I put it on a rack to cool and threw a towel over it to keep off dust and cat hair. The towel absorbed some of the steam, which in turn softened the crust a little. I’ll find out how much when I cut tomorrow.

Next time, I think I’ll return the loaf to the oven after removing from the pan. I’ll leave the oven door cracked open with the bread in it until everything cools and see what that does.

View attachment 2913554
That is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom