Any Home Bakers Here?

Was woke up at half 5 this morning with the No1 son shouting help. Went in their room water was gushing out of their FW tank. We managed to save the fish, as many of the shrimp and snails plus plants ect. Now we have a massive clean up job today. Carpet cleaner ect to try and get 100l or so of water up.
Water got all over the TV, poss inside their ps4. Other things splashed with water. 🤞 Non will be broken after some drying out time...
Have ordered a large RUB to put the fish ect in for now. Looks like a new tank after Xmas 🙄. Tank was old, we had it given with the fish so no idea how old. But you dont really expect this to happen and not at half 5 in the morning

View attachment 2915095
It sounds like a mess!

Otherwise she would shuttle them off to someone else and you would keep providing the gift you THINK they enjoy getting. I'm sure they did before her husband's medical issue arose!
No, I know they ate them. I would make peanut butter for her, and walnut butter for him, as walnut is the nut lowest in oxalic acid. But even that isn't worth the risk right now.

Ok, here is how I make peanut butter in my food processor.

1 lb of dry roasted peanuts (I use unsalted, but that's just me)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I don't even measure this; I like a lot)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I do measure this; a little goes a long way)
Approximately 1/8-1/4 cup honey

Dump the peanuts in the processor bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon and clove over. Process until it turns to peanut butter, anywhere from 3-5(ish) minutes. You can stop here if you want. It's really good, just not sweet.

Drizzle the honey around the bowl. Process some more and watch the PB solidify before your very eyes! It goes from butter to thick paste in a minute or less.

Get out your patience. Keep the processor going until it's back to being butter. Depending on how much honey you put in, this could take 10 minutes (a little honey) to 20 minutes (a lot of honey).

The butter will be very warm by the time it's done. It will also be pretty soft, so you may need to store it in the fridge.

I used to put everything, including the honey, in at the beginning. It sometimes took 40 (!) minutes to make butter!

I have made almond and cashew butters this way too, or mixes of nuts.

Back
Top Bottom