Any Home Bakers Here?

I like my Power XL 7qt. The woman (whom I do love watching) didn’t read manuals, so she missed some things.
I don't think I would get on with a air fryer they are far too complex.

Update. After watching most of this video, they all seem like they are "a pain in the fanny" in the good lady's words :lau and imo

Last edited:

Update. After watching most of this video, they all seem like they are "a pain in the fanny" in the good lady's words :lau and imo
Nah, it’s easier than anything else. It’s also the best for reheating pizza.

You measure the specific gravity of the original solution with a hydrometer. Then measure the final solution with the same hydrometer.

Subtract the final reading from the first reading and multiply by 131.25 to find the final % alcohol.
How would I go about measuring the final SUGAR content in my kombucha, do you know? I know the scoby culture uses some, but I'm really curious as to how much. Also, do you have a hydrometer that you recommend?

Really... Hmmm... I didn't watch the video, but here's what I do when I air fry potatoes with my Instant Pot lid:

Cut up the potatoes into 1/2" chunks, mix them with 2T olive oil and the seasonings I want to use.
Dump them in the IP fryer basket.
Put the lid on, set the temp and time and press start.
Stir at the half way point.

This is exactly what I'd do if I made them in the oven, but with a fraction of the oil, and about half the time.

How would I go about measuring the final SUGAR content in my kombucha, do you know? I know the scoby culture uses some, but I'm really curious as to how much. Also, do you have a hydrometer that you recommend?
Hydrometers are a simple analog instrument. Look in the wine and beer making supplies since the wine hydrometers typically have a potential alcohol measurement on their scale. It is helpful to have a cylinder (graduated or not) to provide sufficient depth for the final measurement.

A hydrometer only measures specific gravity and must be interpreted based on the content of the liquid being measured. The formula I gave calculates the final alcohol content. It does not calculate how much sugar is remaining. A hydrometer with a potential alcohol reading would indicate if there is sugar content remaining by showing it as potential alcohol that has not yet been converted.

Back
Top Bottom