Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you! There is a store nearby where I can probably get a hydrometer. I've wondered if there is any alcohol in my kombucha (very tiny amount, if any) and I'm curious about the sugar. I've tasted the tea before it's fermented, and it is certainly sweeter than the final product. But then I add cherry juice, so 🤷‍♀️?

45833B14-5383-4591-90AF-6F272B247EDC.jpeg

Hey everyone! Stopped receiving notifs again :he I’ve not done much baking lately, but I’m going to make these cookies this week. They’re vegan, so perfect while I’m fasting for church!
View attachment 2919679
Awesome! I don’t have eggs, so that recipe will be handy.

I haven't baked in a few days, but I'm gonna brag on my GirlChild. A friend of hers had a birthday and she wanted to give her a special gift, but money was tight. So she decided to go to her house with all the makings for chocolate chip cookies and teach her how to bake good cookies. They had a great time together and now whenever H makes cookies for the rest of her life, she will think of M. She used the recipe on the package of chocolate chips, but here are a few of the tips she shared:

•After adding chocolate chips, divide dough in half. Add nuts to one half if some people prefer no nuts.
•Use a melon baller to make the cookies uniform in shape and size;
•Use parchment paper to keep the pans clean and prevent scorching;
•Set the timer for 4 minutes.* Rotate the pans by spinning them from side to side, and also move the cookies from the bottom rack to the top and vice versa. This helps all cookies to bake evenly.
•Set timer for an additional 4 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cool cookies on pans about 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling for 20 minutes. Bottoms should be barely brown.
•You can make a double batch and just bake half. Form the remaining dough into balls and freeze. Store in ziptop freezer bags to bake later. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheets and let thaw for 30 minutes before baking.

I learned these tips when I worked at an Original Cookie outlet in a mall once. They made the best cookies!

*These times are for cookies about the size of a golf ball. For 3" cookies, bake 6 minutes before and after rotating.

Back
Top Bottom