Any Home Bakers Here?

I tried the no knead dutch oven bread again. Using the below adjustments.

Screenshot_20211207-181641.png

This is what I baked it in with foil over the top.

IMG_20211207_182256.jpg

It looks good. So I hope its nice when I cut it later.

IMG_20211207_182354.jpg
IMG_20211207_182408.jpg

So... I made a double batch of the no-knead Bakery Style Bread, with these modifications: I used 2 c ww flour and 4 c AP; added about 1/2 tsp EVOO. Baking it in a French loaf pan (see pic below) and it is covered with aluminum foil. Am baking potatoes at the same time, so oven is at 400°F. We'll see how it comes out, can't wait!

PXL_20211207_210701228.jpg

Tasted WONDERFUL. I used a Dutch oven for the recipe I used.

Had some trouble cutting it, though. Maybe it’s because of all the holes inside it. I don’t know.
I let mine cool overnight before cutting. Had a very dense and tough (ahem, overbaked) bottom crust. Was also very hard to cut but I have weak arms. Is why I am trying French loaf pan this time. Round loaf too thick for me to cut easily. Will report results later.

PS glad you enjoyed it, Jared! Nothing like good, fresh, home-baked bread of your own making, eh?

Yes, I did enjoy it. There’s nothing like fresh bread.

Anyway, I might be a little tired this week, because I’m gonna be waking up at 5:00 AM every night in an attempt to take a look at C2021 A1, also known as Comet Leonard. It should be below the constellation Bootes at that time. It will be closest to earth on the 12th, I think.

Here’s hoping skies are clear and I get a decent photo!

Back
Top Bottom