Any Home Bakers Here?

My GF sourdough results...

For a first try, I'd say not bad. Form is lacking: maybe I can get a better rise next time, using the other recipe. The flavor is very good! It would pair well with lentil soup, if I had some.

The silicone mat worked very well. Certainly worth the $20. The "Ove Glove" worked well too. Glad I got those. No worries about picking up a Dutch oven in a 500 degree oven.

IMG_1912.JPG

Well, I have baked my first loaf of sourdough!

It's a small loaf, which is fine, because it's just for me. I picked the easier of two GF recipes I found. I'm going to make the other one next time.

The recipes were very different in ingredients and method. I might also wait until I get some sorghum flour, to see if that makes a difference.

I won't know what it looks like inside until I slice it tomorrow.

A reason to get up in the morning! :)
GF bread is very different to make!

My GF sourdough results...

For a first try, I'd say not bad. Form is lacking: maybe I can get a better rise next time, using the other recipe. The flavor is very good! It would pair well with lentil soup, if I had some.

The silicone mat worked very well. Certainly worth the $20. The "Ove Glove" worked well too. Glad I got those. No worries about picking up a Dutch oven in a 500 degree oven.

View attachment 2922072
It looks good!

Back
Top Bottom