Any Home Bakers Here?

We’re all waiting for your results! :drool It should be amazing!
PXL_20211214_222601223.jpg

I forgot to slash it, and it didn't sing, lol. But it sure looks a lot like bread to me! 😄

PIZZA DOUGH

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 (.25 ounce and a bit more) package active dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you! Is this easy to handle, or sticky? My problem comes at that point where the recipe says "transfer to pizza pan..." Every recipe I've tried so far refuses to let go of the countertop, no matter how much flour I put down, without tearing. They come out a floppy, misshapen mess. I may try this tomorrow.

Thank you! Is this easy to handle, or sticky? My problem comes at that point where the recipe says "transfer to pizza pan..." Every recipe I've tried so far refuses to let go of the countertop, no matter how much flour I put down, without tearing. They come out a floppy, misshapen mess. I may try this tomorrow.
Lay a bit of flour down won't stick

The info I’ve seen everywhere uses the 1:2 soda:cream of tartar, but doesn’t include the cornstarch. What does it do in the mix?
From Clabber Girl:

"Baking powder is used for baking. It is made up of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda); an acid salt which reacts with moisture or heat, or both – such as tartaric acid, mono-calcium or combination of acid salts; and cornstarch (used to keep ingredients separated)."

From theSpruceEats:

"Mix the baking soda and cream of tartar together until well combined. This will give you one tablespoon of baking powder.

If you plan to store your baking powder, add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the mixture, and stir. This will absorb any moisture from the air, and prevent the baking powder from clumping or reacting before you need it. Store in an air-tight container between uses to keep the baking soda fresh."

When you shape it, use cornmeal to keep it from sticking (or a mixture of cornmeal and flour). I learned that at one of the pizza places I worked at, and now I always have cornmeal on hand. You could also add more flour to the dough so it isn't a sticky dough. If it does stick with the cornmeal, usually jiggling the pizza peel will distribute the cornmeal to the places that are stuck. If you don't have a pizza peel, grab a large pinch of the cornmeal and slide your hand underneath to put it where it needs to go.
I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom