Any Home Bakers Here?

@cavemanrich, a few months ago, you posted a recipe for flan. How'd it turn out?

I'm not going to make any right away, but I'm looking for recipes that are GF and use a lot of eggs. I've had flan in a Mexican restaurant, and thought it was delicious. Being the chocolate lover I am, I looked up a recipe for chocolate flan. It sounds fantastic, but it's one of those, "I need to take it to a gathering, or I'll eat the whole thing." DH doesn't eat a lot of sweets, and I could eat them every day, if they were around.
It turned out EXCELLENT. Mine was not with chocolate, so no idea how chocolate would be,,,,,,, "but my next one may be" :highfive:
When I caramelized the sugar, and poured into bottom of my glass dish, was surprised that it formed a solid coating. Was not sure if I did something wrong,, but just proceeded to finish as recipe directed. When I inverted dish after one day refrigeration time,, the caramel was liquid:thumbsup
IMG_20220224_173739_4.jpg
IMG_20220227_174358_4.jpg

When I caramelized the sugar, and poured into bottom of my glass dish, was surprised that it formed a solid coating. Was not sure if I did something wrong,, but just proceeded to finish as recipe directed. When I inverted dish after one day refrigeration time,, the caramel was liquid
Good to know! I thought the pictures looked like the caramel was liquid, but I was sure it would solidify as it went from the hot pan to the less hot baking dish. Interesting!

Good to know! I thought the pictures looked like the caramel was liquid, but I was sure it would solidify as it went from the hot pan to the less hot baking dish. Interesting!
Next time I make flan,,,,,,, I am seriously considering getting a set of these. Will have to schmooze My DD who has prime free delivery. :hugs
This way,, I just pull out of reefer and serve who ever wants... And as a bonus,,, make multiple flavors. Base flan with added ingredients,, Chocolate:drool:drool:drool and maybe a few different fruit options:idunno
You know I like to experiment..
ramekins.PNG

Just took my GF sourdough out of the oven. I did something different this time. I mixed it last night and let it rise over night. The ambient room temperature was around 70 degrees. I wanted to try adding some yeast (heresy! :) ) to it, but thought I'd make one change at a time. GF just will never have the rise of regular gluten flours, I know, but I'd say it's a little (very little) bit taller than the last time I made it.

So pleased I found my way back :D

Hello everyone :frow

I baked a different coffee and banana cake today

One mug (large cup) of self raising flour
Half a mug of sugar (naughty)
Half a mug of olive oil
1 tablespoon of coffee
3 medium bananas
A dash of sweeter (algave)
quarter mug of yogurt
Quarter mug of filtered water
A small amount of dark chocolate