Any Home Bakers Here?

It's a bit flat because my pot is too big..

100g plain flour
100g wholewheat
300g of spelt
Teaspoon and half of yeast
3 teaspoon of medium brown sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
Pumpkin seeds
Olive oil

Oh well, I could lie and say I intended it to be this way but after all it's all in the taste
20220630_085241.jpg

It's tasty 😋

20220630_090015.jpg

So tasty I had to have a second slice

20220630_090434.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooo!!! Tell me how you do this!!! I have an air fryer lid for my Instant Pot, and doing baked potatoes would be a BIG hit with DH!
It’s easy but takes almost as much time as the oven. Scrub them, dry them, coat in olive oil and coarse salt, put in the air fryer at 390 (at least that’s the temp for mine - like microwaves, they vary), and cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. The outsides are crispy crunchy and the insides are like mashed taters they’re so tender and moist!

It’s easy but takes almost as much time as the oven. Scrub them, dry them, coat in olive oil and coarse salt, put in the air fryer at 390 (at least that’s the temp for mine - like microwaves, they vary), and cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. The outsides are crispy crunchy and the insides are like mashed taters they’re so tender and moist!
Thank you!! One thing about the air fryer is that it doesn't heat up the kitchen in the summer. The air coming out of the vent is just warm.

How many can you put in the fryer basket? Does the time change if they're big, say, the size of your fist?

My air fryer is an add on to my Instant Pot. The basket fits inside the inner pot, so 8" in diameter, or so. Do I just stack the taters in there, or only do what will fit on the bottom?

You don't poke a few holes in them so they don't explode?
Maybe about as long as in the big oven but presumably it will take a lot less electricity.

Does the time change if they're big, say, the size of your fist?
Whose fist? ;) For my money a russet the size of my fist is too small for a baked potato. And no other type of potato is decent as a baker.

Back
Top Bottom