Any Home Bakers Here?

6AFB4851-5712-4725-9179-148286BDDE35.jpeg

Friend from Japan found it.

I have a question for everyone here. Do you prefer a gas stove or an electric? What is your experience (good or bad) with either?

Our electric stove has had its final repair. We replaced the burners for the last time. When those go, we'll have to replace the stove. It's original to the house, so it's 42+ years old and doesn't owe us anything.

We have propane here for heat. I don't know if it's cheaper to cook/bake with propane than electricity. I've used gas stoves a few times in my life, but most of my cooking has been with electric stoves and ovens.

I have a question for everyone here. Do you prefer a gas stove or an electric? What is your experience (good or bad) with either?

Our electric stove has had its final repair. We replaced the burners for the last time. When those go, we'll have to replace the stove. It's original to the house, so it's 42+ years old and doesn't owe us anything.

We have propane here for heat. I don't know if it's cheaper to cook/bake with propane than electricity. I've used gas stoves a few times in my life, but most of my cooking has been with electric stoves and ovens.
If I had the option, I would definitely have gas burners. I am fine with my electric oven but really miss having a gas cook top.

I have gas always have had to start here with electric takes 10 times as long to cook bought gas set for propane .. Must do that specail.
Yeah, I know propane is a different set up than natural gas. Something to do with the pressure the gas is under... or something like that...? Anyway, we would NOT be doing any of the install on this. Hubby is handy, but doesn't know anything about working with gas lines. And he knows that he doesn't know, so that's a good thing.

While I was looking up gas ranges, I saw that they now have ones that are gas for the burners, and electric for the oven. Oh, let's confuse Sally juuuust a little bit more with even more options... :)

I'm really hoping this stove lasts another few years, tbh. After 28 years, we're used to each other. But when we replace it, I will want a couple things to be different. Starting with it being LEVEL! :gig

That was my test recipe. I've always made it by eye and needed to quantify the ingredients. Today the recipe I use starts with 53 pounds of chicken bones and feet. I use a 160qt pot with a 150,000 btu burner and generally get between 80 and 100 quarts of stock. I call it stock because the necks and backs have meat on them.

ETA: If you haven't discovered them yet, Soup socks and spice bags are wonderful
I had to look soup socks up

These would be much easier to use as a strainer. I would love to make soft and cottage cheese these would help out no end.

Back
Top Bottom