Any Home Bakers Here?

We have a 500 gal propane tank and have had it for decades. But my range/ oven is electric. We use the propane to heat the house, but only as backup. We heat primarily with wood, heating mostly just the core of the house (living, dining, kitchen). In the bedrooms we have electric space heaters for really cold nights, but now it's just DH and myself as the kids are grown and mostly not home.

We have a 500 gal propane tank and have had it for decades. But my range/ oven is electric. We use the propane to heat the house, but only as backup. We heat primarily with wood, heating mostly just the core of the house (living, dining, kitchen). In the bedrooms we have electric space heaters for really cold nights, but now it's just DH and myself as the kids are grown and mostly not home.
This is our set up too, basically. I had not heard about rebates for electric appliances, but with the push for solar and wind energy, that makes sense.

Thanks for the opinions about gas/electric ranges. I think I would prefer a gas cooktop, but not sure about the oven. Hopefully, that decision is a few years off.

Sunday,, the temps were mild,, so with windows in the house opened,, decided it was time to bake.
Made my regular 4 pizza quantity dough. 2 pizzas, and 2 loaves of herb bread.
This pizza.
Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce., Red Onion,, Mushrooms,, Pineapple Tidbits,, and on top,, Sweet Basil Leaves. Pix is before 1 LB, of Mozzarella.

IMG_20220814_161724_9.jpg

This Pizza.
Mushroom & Garlic spaghetti sauce. Red Onions,, Mushrooms,, Sliced Tomato,, Dusted generously with Italian Seasoning. Then 1 LB of Mozzarella.
IMG_20220814_163137_9.jpg

Finished,, :drool:drool:drool
IMG_20220814_164543_4.jpg

Second one finished.. :drool:drool:drool
IMG_20220814_170645_8.jpg

So back into the garden to gather the Herbs for my Herb Breads.
Garlic Chive,, Sweet Basil,, Italian Parsley,, and Dill.
Chopped all into small pieces, and added butter, and 1 TS, salt. , Topped the rolled out dough with herbs. Rolled back up, and cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
IMG_20220814_170801_7.jpg

Stacked rolls vertically, and let rise for second time,, (about 30 minutes.).
IMG_20220814_173400_0.jpg

Baked for 30 minutes @ 350°F
IMG_20220814_185552_1.jpg

There were 2 loaves,, which we started munching on while still warm. (about 15 minutes after out of oven):drool:drool:drool

Note: I'm not ashamed to admit,, that I did make a slight mistake. :old:barnie Always learning from my experimentation.
The Sweet Basil from the garden, I chopped the stem as well. That was the wrong move. I never thought that the stem would still be kind of tough. :idunno First time using such from the garden in a bread. The bread tasted delicious,, with the occasional piece of stem, as slightly annoying.

Sunday,, the temps were mild,, so with windows in the house opened,, decided it was time to bake.
This pizza.
Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce., Red Onion,, Mushrooms,, Pineapple Tidbits,, and on top,, Sweet Basil Leaves. Pix is before 1 LB, of Mozzarella.

View attachment 3224704
This Pizza.
Mushroom & Garlic spaghetti sauce. Red Onions,, Mushrooms,, Sliced Tomato,, Dusted generously with Italian Seasoning. Then 1 LB of Mozzarella.
View attachment 3224705
View attachment 3224706
View attachment 3224707
Chopped all into small pieces, and added butter, and 1 TS, salt. , Topped the rolled out dough with herbs. Rolled back up, and cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
View attachment 3224708
View attachment 3224710
View attachment 3224711
There were 2 loaves,, which we started munching on while still warm. (about 15 minutes after out of oven):drool:drool:drool

Note: I'm not ashamed to admit,, that I did make a slight mistake. :old:barnie Always learning from my experimentation.
The Sweet Basil from the garden, I chopped the stem as well. That was the wrong move. I never thought that the stem would still be kind of tough. :idunno First time using such from the garden in a bread. The bread tasted delicious,, with the occasional piece of stem, as slightly annoying.
Nice!

I've had both. I prefer Gas cooktop and electric convection oven. The oven is slower to reach temp, but cooks very evenly. Level is a must. Also they have to change out the orifices for propane. I had to have both the stove delivery team and the gas guy to get mine installed.

I have a Samsung gas cooktop and a gas oven.

Would not go back to electric.

We have a huge Propane tank that only has to be filled once a year.

They bring out the truck and fill the tank.

This pizza.

View attachment 3224704
This Pizza.
View attachment 3224705
View attachment 3224706
View attachment 3224707
View attachment 3224708
View attachment 3224710
View attachment 3224711

Looks great!

I want one of the pizza's for dinner.

The rolls look great.

Back
Top Bottom