Any Home Bakers Here?

Baked 2 small 1 pound loaves today.
The top loaf, I rolled the dough into 2 separate tubes, and placed side by side in pan. The bottom loaf, is a single rolled up dough.
IMG_20221005_175124_3.jpg
IMG_20221005_175136_5.jpg
IMG_20221005_181723_2.jpg

I used scissors to create the design on top crust. First time I did it this way. Found it on a YouTube video of neat things to try. Dusted tops with flour.
Video contains many neat tricks to enhance the baked goods looks. :thumbsup

The top loaf, I rolled the dough into 2 separate tubes, and placed side by side in pan. The bottom loaf, is a single rolled up dough.
View attachment 3282311View attachment 3282313View attachment 3282315

I used scissors to create the design on top crust. First time I did it this way. Found it on a YouTube video of neat things to try. Dusted tops with flour.

Two Beautiful Loaves. Thanks for Sharing.

View attachment 3282311View attachment 3282313View attachment 3282315

Lots of great ideas there, thanks for sharing! Your loaves look just perfect!

My poor biscuits. Pooooor pooor biscuits. They didn’t turn out right.
5F942596-4216-4BC4-A3A1-2F47E12B8D11.jpeg
We ate them all, but you see they are … well, messed up.
So, my friendly bakers that will refrain from asking me how I messed up such a simple recipe, how did I mess up? Does it look like I just didn’t mix the dough enough? I am using someone else’s kitchen, and I had limited space and tools (I used my hands to mix it in a tiny bowl before turning it out to finish on a small counter), so that is possible.

My poor biscuits. Pooooor pooor biscuits. They didn’t turn out right.
View attachment 3282714
We ate them all, but you see they are … well, messed up.
So, my friendly bakers that will refrain from asking me how I messed up such a simple recipe, how did I mess up? Does it look like I just didn’t mix the dough enough? I am using someone else’s kitchen, and I had limited space and tools (I used my hands to mix it in a tiny bowl before turning it out to finish on a small counter), so that is possible.
:confused: They look just fine to me!

Back
Top Bottom