Any Home Bakers Here?

@Aria Maybe you could get something on wheels so you wouldn't have to lift the bags. I am thinking of a handcart or something like that. Attach a bin to it - fill the bin in the woodshed, roll it into the house, fill the hopper of the pellet stove.
1675131057610.png

@Aria Maybe you could get something on wheels so you wouldn't have to lift the bags. I am thinking of a handcart or something like that. Attach a bin to it - fill the bin in the woodshed, roll it into the house, fill the hopper of the pellet stove.
View attachment 3391269
We BURNED wood for years and WE HAVE ONE of these.

Jared, do you have a generator? Wood stove, or other form of heat?

No, I was completely unprepared. Not to mention outside, it is about 0°F. House is getting cold fast, so I ran to Twin Falls to get some portable indoor heaters. They use propane.

Basically, I woke up at 5:55 AM MST, I was just thinking about some stuff, when all the sudden, my CPAP turned off. I tried my light, and it did not work. I looked outside, and there were no lights on in the city. I knew that the power went out.

My stove is working, the burners are working, I just had to ignite them with a lighter.

I got to figure out what I can cook with the power out.

Jared, did you call the power company to report the outage? Likely they know already. Consumers Power (our electric company) will have a "restoration update" on their recording.

According to Idaho power, it is line interference. Originally, it said it will be back on at 8:00 AM MST.

Now, they pushed back to 10 AM MST.

Me either but then at the time I wasn't finding any firewood there either. I was buying firewood in log length in semi loads once a fall.

When I got to the point that I was still cutting and splitting firewood in nasty temperatures in January, I switched to a pellet stove.

I can remember when we lived in Covington, Virginia, we would have a logger drop 4 cords of wood in the driveway for the winter.

These trucks were cutting wood for Westvaco.

Depends on where you are and the quality of the pellets. I paid $309 a ton for a pallet of 50 sacks of high quality pellets. With tax it brought it to approximately $6.46 a sack. One local store is selling high quality oak pellets for $9 per 40 lb. sack.

All I have available is electric baseboard heat in the basement. I have them turned off at the breakers so there is no heat in the basement. I use the pellet stove in the living room as the only source of heat in the house.

While in Covington, Virginia, we had baseboard heat throughout the house.

We had 3300 square feet that we heated with a wood stove in the basement using convection.

Back
Top Bottom