Any Home Bakers Here?

Did some baking again. Experimenting as usual, so this is my recipe.
PEACH COFFEE CAKE
I have baked similar cakes before where I placed sliced peaches on top of dough, and baked like a peach cobbler style. This time I thought of doing something different with the peaches. I pureed the peaches.
I kept track of amounts I used to make this recipe. Then I wrote down amounts for next time baking, (recipe)

Here is recipe ingredients and amounts.
1 Can of peaches. 15 oz.
1 cup milk
3 TSP yeast
70 grams Butter. (just over ½ stick)
6 cups flour. (450 cake flour)
3 eggs
50 grams sugar.

My streusel,, I had some leftover from last bake.

Play,, by,, playView attachment 3396155View attachment 3396156
Peaches and syrup into Ninja
View attachment 3396157Pureed wellView attachment 3396158
My proofed yeast in milk. There are a few TBS of flower added as well as some sugar. This is how I like to proof my yeast :thumbsup
View attachment 3396159
This is just a little over ½ stick of butter.
View attachment 3396160
How my dough looked after full mixing. (with dough hook)
Contains the pureed peaches, Proofed yeast in milk , butter, eggs, sugar, and flour.
View attachment 3396161
My streusel, I enhanced a portion with cinnamon sugar.
View attachment 3396162
My dough after 1st rise. About 1 hour.
View attachment 3396163
Placed into 3 separate bread pans. Sprinkled with streusel, 2 brunettes, and 1 blonde. and second rise for about 15 minutes.
View attachment 3396165
Out of oven. Baked for about 40 minutes @ 350°F until internal temp was correct. 195°F to 205°F
View attachment 3396166
On cooling rack
View attachment 3396167
Of course sliced when still kind of warm:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3396168
Note the yellow tone to cake.
View attachment 3396169
Went well with my coffee:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3396170
Notes.
The cake tasted DELICIOUS, but did not really have a significant peach flavor. The peaches added the yellow color to cake since I did not use very many eggs. (3total)
The peaches added very much moisture to the cake. Cake was still very moist, soft , and delicious next day .
Cake had significantly little butter for the 3 loaves this recipe made. Yet, was very moist and soft.
Sugar amount for recipe is not all that large quantity. I considered the syrup sweetness in my decision on amount of sugar needed.
This recipe is a KEEPER:yesss: for me.:drool:drool:drool
I can well imagine that it's delicious! Well done!

Not a huge fan of peaches. @cavemanrich
Penny,,,,, the peach flavor was very slight if any. I did write that in my notes at bottom. Mainly,, added great moistness, and nice yellow color, and great softness as well.
I think using apple sauce will do similar, if not same results. Soft,, moist,, and DELICIOUS. (minus added yellow coloring from peaches)
Without using much Butter , or oil, or other shortening.

Did some baking again. Experimenting as usual, so this is my recipe.
PEACH COFFEE CAKE
I have baked similar cakes before where I placed sliced peaches on top of dough, and baked like a peach cobbler style. This time I thought of doing something different with the peaches. I pureed the peaches.
I kept track of amounts I used to make this recipe. Then I wrote down amounts for next time baking, (recipe)

Here is recipe ingredients and amounts.
1 Can of peaches. 15 oz.
1 cup milk
3 TSP yeast
70 grams Butter. (just over ½ stick)
6 cups flour. (450 cake flour)
3 eggs
50 grams sugar.

My streusel,, I had some leftover from last bake.

Play,, by,, playView attachment 3396155View attachment 3396156
Peaches and syrup into Ninja
View attachment 3396157Pureed wellView attachment 3396158
My proofed yeast in milk. There are a few TBS of flower added as well as some sugar. This is how I like to proof my yeast :thumbsup
View attachment 3396159
This is just a little over ½ stick of butter.
View attachment 3396160
How my dough looked after full mixing. (with dough hook)
Contains the pureed peaches, Proofed yeast in milk , butter, eggs, sugar, and flour.
View attachment 3396161
My streusel, I enhanced a portion with cinnamon sugar.
View attachment 3396162
My dough after 1st rise. About 1 hour.
View attachment 3396163
Placed into 3 separate bread pans. Sprinkled with streusel, 2 brunettes, and 1 blonde. and second rise for about 15 minutes.
View attachment 3396165
Out of oven. Baked for about 40 minutes @ 350°F until internal temp was correct. 195°F to 205°F
View attachment 3396166
On cooling rack
View attachment 3396167
Of course sliced when still kind of warm:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3396168
Note the yellow tone to cake.
View attachment 3396169
Went well with my coffee:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3396170
Notes.
The cake tasted DELICIOUS, but did not really have a significant peach flavor. The peaches added the yellow color to cake since I did not use very many eggs. (3total)
The peaches added very much moisture to the cake. Cake was still very moist, soft , and delicious next day .
Cake had significantly little butter for the 3 loaves this recipe made. Yet, was very moist and soft.
Sugar amount for recipe is not all that large quantity. I considered the syrup sweetness in my decision on amount of sugar needed.
This recipe is a KEEPER:yesss: for me.:drool:drool:drool:thumbsup
Thanks for the Recipe!

Penny,,,,, the peach flavor was very slight if any. I did write that in my notes at bottom. Mainly,, added great moistness, and nice yellow color, and great softness as well.
I think using apple sauce will do similar, if not same results. Soft,, moist,, and DELICIOUS. (minus added yellow coloring from peaches)
Without using much Butter , or oil, or other shortening.
I have a vanilla cake mix have home made apple sauce. Great idea.
Morning Home Bakers.

Homemade pizza for dinner. The sauce was Classico (generic tastes better!). E04AD2F3-F4E7-41C9-B165-AB985BBC7407.jpeg
Pineapple and pineapple onion.

4E539287-844C-41F5-BA1F-A2885ABFCA4F.jpeg
Pepperoni and white with onion, tomato, garlic, banana peppers and Parmesan.

How much does a 40 lb. bag cost?

I thought that sounded like a lot, but I realized that we burn probably 50-60 lbs. of wood a day.

It's going to get so cold tonight that we'll let the fire die and the furnace come on. That'll heat the basement and mudroom some. They don't get any heat from the woodstove.

A quick check on Google says a ton of pellets is equal heat value to a cord of wood. At 50 bags per ton and @R2elk's 1 bag of pellets per day, that would square with the ~2 weeks per run I get with cordwood.

I put a thermostat in the basement. During wood heating season I connect it to the furnace replacing the thermostat upstairs and set it to 45°F. There are vents in the hot air duct in the basement. When it is really cold the furnace runs more. Any time it runs it brings air in from the main floor (and the one vent in the return duct in the basement) and circulates it. Late last year we also got a ductless heat pump on the first floor and the combination of the three works really well.

Temp here today -20. COLD
We had the same weather Saturday, -22°F. Warming to about freezing today.

Back
Top Bottom