¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
½ (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies

Directions

Combine sugar, flour, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.

When the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.

Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
20230714_133328.jpg

What type competitive shooting did you do?

I’m curious too. Was it like target shooting? Pool shooting?
Bullseye pistol. One handed, target is 25 or 50 yards away, depending on the stage of the match. There are 3 handguns used: .22, any centerfire, and .45. Since .45 is a centerfire caliber, most people use it for both. I did.

The record for a full match (270 shots, possible score of 2700) is 2680. My highest was nothing special (in Bullseye circles) of about 2550.
IMG_3614.JPG

I don't know why this is upside down, but this is the 50 yard target. You have to have a gun CAPABLE of 3.25" at 50 yards to score 10 points. It's not too difficult to get a .22 that accurate. My 45s are custom made guns, because most "off the shelf guns" aren't that accurate at 50 yards.

Bullseye pistol. One handed, target is 25 or 50 yards away, depending on the stage of the match. There are 3 handguns used: .22, any centerfire, and .45. Since .45 is a centerfire caliber, most people use it for both. I did.

The record for a full match (270 shots, possible score of 2700) is 2680. My highest was nothing special (in Bullseye circles) of about 2550.
View attachment 3576971
I don't know why this is upside down, but this is the 50 yard target. You have to have a gun CAPABLE of 3.25" at 50 yards to score 10 points. It's not too difficult to get a .22 that accurate. My 45s are custom made guns, because most "off the shelf guns" aren't that accurate at 50 yards.

Wow. That’s amazing. I didn’t know you were gun person!

Here is my best with an open site muzzleloader at 100 yards. I used eighty grains of pyrodex triple seven and a 295 grain powerbelt bullet. Gun was a .50 cal Traditions Buckstalker Northwest Model.

CAE2A96A-F08E-49EC-80CA-5B994D1D7596.jpeg

Of course, that was with the gun resting on something. As soon as I get good enough at not twitching, I’m gonna work on not using a gun rest.

Jared

Made Banana pudding
Homemade Banana Pudding

Ingredients

⅔ cup white sugar
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
½ (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies

Directions

Combine sugar, flour, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.

When the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.

Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
View attachment 3576911
Thanks for the Recipe!

Just made a couple of my butternut squash breads. My favorite recipe of all time. Tastes just like pumpkin bread, but 10 times better. And it's so easy, too. ;)

I usually make two at once because I have two 8" x 8" pans. You can also freeze them for up to three months.

Ingredients:
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ cup sunflower oil (114 g)
¾ cup granulated white sugar (150 g)
½ cup packed light brown sugar (107 g)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ cups butternut squash puree (341 g)
¼ cup orange juice, or water (60 g)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9"× 5” (I use 8"x 8") pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and cinnamon.
  3. In the same mixing bowl whisk together oil, sugars, eggs, squash, and water until combined.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula until just combined.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire cooling rack.
  6. Store the bread, and any leftovers, covered at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Notes:
  1. To make squash puree:
    1. Cut squashes in half and scoop out as many seeds as possible.
    2. Brush squashes with oil and place facedown on a foiled baking sheet.
    3. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes (or longer if it's a large squash).
    4. Scoop out remaining seeds and squash flesh. Mash until smooth.

1. If you want to make the squash bread in an 8x8 pan, use the same amount of batter, but bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until a toothpick in the center of the cake comes out clean.

3. If needed, substitute cloves with cinnamon.

I got the recipe from this link.

Back
Top Bottom