Any hope? Chick from rural king

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
Got this chick yesterday. It seemed energetic at rural king. Immediately hid under our brooder plate when we brought it home. Thought it was cold. Found it laying on the ground under the plate this morning. It's gasping and occasionally twitching. I tried giving some honey water and nutridrench but it isn't swallowing. Worth trying to save or too far gone?

Sorry for your loss. When looking in feed stores for chicks, i have noticed that many chicks have pasty vents, and some stores use nipple waterers which some chicks cannot reach. They also sometimes have such large crowded brooders that chicks have a hard time getting to the water and feed. I like to make sure to get chicks as soon as they arrive. With cold temps in the north, some chicks could be cold in shipping. Hopefully the other chicks survive.

Sorry for your loss. When looking in feed stores for chicks, i have noticed that many chicks have pasty vents, and some stores use nipple waterers which some chicks cannot reach. They also sometimes have such large crowded brooders that chicks have a hard time getting to the water and feed. I like to make sure to get chicks as soon as they arrive. With cold temps in the north, some chicks could be cold in shipping. Hopefully the other chicks survive.
They were delivered friday. This chick looked good at the store. Was running around, no pasty vent. But it was never active here so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom