Any Hope for this ex-battery ? Bad vent gleet GRAPHIC

Thanks to everyone for your imput. Unfortunately she passed yesterday. I feel horrible I couldn't save her. I know you can't save them all, doesn't stop you from wanting to though. Thankfully the other 13 that came with her are doing well.
It became obvious she gave up, so we sat out in the rare sunshine watching the other chickens until she passed. Poor thing never lived.
I'm so sorry:hugs
You did everything you could for her.

I am so sorry. I was hopeful that all that you were doing would help but time wasn't on your side. It is horrible losing one - I am going through one at the moment, a little different in that it is ups and downs but it is becoming more downs than ups. Just got back from the vet in fact.

You did a sterling job and staying with her as she went was a lovely thing to do, because I am sure she would have felt some comfort in that. I really am very sorry. You clearly care deeply about your girls. They are lucky to have you.
Thank you MandS, sorry to hear you are going through one at the moment. I hope what you are doing works out for you! Thanks for trying to help.

I did an informal necropsy on the little one to see what was blocking her up. Lash. @Eggcessive you were correct. There was a soft shelled egg in her abdonem, and a large soft shelled egg in her oviduct - coated in lash material. She also had lash material throughout her oviduct and in her abdomen. The poor thing hadn't a chance. Doing a necropsy gives us answers and closure!
IMG_20190516_213028.jpg
IMG_20190516_213038.jpg
IMG_20190516_213124.jpg
IMG_20190516_213149.jpg

I did an informal necropsy on the little one to see what was blocking her up. Lash. @Eggcessive you were correct. There was a soft shelled egg in her abdonem, and a large soft shelled egg in her oviduct - coated in lash material. She also had lash material throughout her oviduct and in her abdomen. The poor thing hadn't a chance. Doing a necropsy gives us answers and closure! View attachment 1778165 View attachment 1778166 View attachment 1778168 View attachment 1778170
:hugs Cragg, Thank you for taking the time to post this and share your photo and description.
Poor girl! No, she didn't have a chance, but you did have to try. At least now you know you did everything you could to help, she just had too much clogging up her system.
She did get to experience kindness and she felt your love and heard your gentle words.

Back
Top Bottom