Any idea regarding breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lizabeth, Jun 22, 2011.

1. lizabeth

lizabeth New Egg

Jun 22, 2011
    Any ideas? When I picked them out I asked for a cuckoo maran, a wyandotte and an ameraucana. What do you think?

[​IMG][/img]
    Chicken A

[​IMG][/img]
    Chicken B

[​IMG][/img]
    Chicken C

[​IMG][/img]
    Chicken C, B and A (left to right)

2. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Pullet A is a Cuckoo Marans. An Easter Egger or possible Blue-laced red Wyandotte for Cockerel(?) B. Could you give us a closer look at his comb, with better lighting? Pullet C is an Easter Egger.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I have a bantam ee that looks identical to your gray bird. Mine is even getting silver around the neck like yours.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like what you got is a Cuckoo Marans (if the legs are white, not yellow-if they're yellow, it's a Barred Rock), a single combed Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (should be a rose comb) and an Easter Egger ( not a true Ameraucana).

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:x2
    The comb's wrong on the wyandotte but the lacing looks pretty good--I'll bet it'll be one pretty bird!

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:x3

7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    It looks like you got what you wanted [​IMG]

The first is a Cuckoo Marans (pretty pink legs)- pullet

The second is a Blue Laced Wyandotte- don't worry about the comb, it's actually not uncommon in Blue Laces. You just couldn't show the bird. - poosible roo

The third is a bit of a mystery. Either the hatchery has given you an Old English bantam Silver Duckwing, or they have crossed that breed into their EEs (which hatcheries commonly call 'Ameraucana', despite it not being true). Definitely a pullet either way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by