Any idea what this airplane(Helicopter) is doing?

It is often easier for heavy equipment to be moved by helicopter than by loading it in a truck and taking it to a place that is not very accessable. You are probably seeing peices of a tower being moved.

I have to go with MissPrissy on this one. Just my 2 cents worth. But that's what it looks like to me.

Quote:
Yes I am near the border.

And Gloria there really is not enough time for it to actually stop and pick up anything. This plane also is not going to the same spot it keeps moving so I think others are right about the surveying part.

Last edited:
* Flying back and forth, I would say that they are either mapping, sampling, or photographing "items of interest" to whomever ( Like hotspots for DEA, for example.)

Quote:
Interesting stuff. Wonder if that is it because of Fort drum. It is kind of weird though because there is absolutly nothing here except forest and hard to get to places. We own 600 acres and there are a lot of places that we can hardly get to on foot.

Did you say there are old mines in the area? They could be looking at that, or perhaps checking out the terrain looking for a site to expand the military base. It also could be training soldiers in the use of detection equipment. I could guess all day! If you find out what it is, let us know.

Quote:
I will but I probably won;t really be able to find out though especially if it has to do with the military.

Back
Top Bottom