? Any idea

i bought the rooster chicks as White Sussex x leghorn and the black chicks as Australorp x rhode island reds. the guy told me lots of contradicions during our 10 mins together so i assumed i had all roosters of who knows what.happy to hear different

As long as you are happy with them being hens not knowing 100% what the cross is.
Would have lots of different colored chicks if you hatched some eggs.

yes we have Australorps here

Last edited:
Haha good stuff. to be honest i have purebred leghorns and lohman browns but the barnyard chooks i have outlay them in quantity and size.that rooster started mating my older hens at 12 weeks at 16 weeks he is twice the size of my leghorns.do i have a monster on the way?

Those crosses can be huge.
Mutts can get the best of both parents and some of my crosses have been bigger then their parents.
Had to look up lohman browns we don't have those here but something almost like them.

lohmans are a hybrid and do very strange things and have crazy personalities but are very very dominant .i saved mine from a battery farm they couldnt walk and had no feathers now they are great my chooks roam over acres with my dogs and go to the pen at night .they love it

It is hard to get battery hens around here. They don't want the public to see how bad they look when they come out of the consentration camp. They get shipped off for dog food or soup.

Yeh its not a good life.here in oz any of the farms have layers to give away at all ages .its if you can spend the time rehabilitating them.

Back
Top Bottom