Any Incubator Recommendations?

How big is the room it's in? And how warm is the room? I know odd question. I have a small useless room I put the incubator in so it doesn't have to fight the temp in the larger rooms. And I can run a vaporizer during lock down and that will keep the small room and incubator moist. I have an ebay incubator that holds 12..it was around 100. I've used it once (successfully) and it's super simple and works great. The brand is called kebbonix. It has a fan and an exterior way to add water so you don't have to open the incubator.
It’s in a pretty decent sized room, that could be an issue. It stays relatively at 65-75 degrees I believe, maybe a little more or less. I thought about that being the problem, but the other incubator I use, a JANOEL12, works perfectly fine and it’s right next to it. I do open the incubator to put water in it, I saw reviews saying maybe not to do that, but the temperature supposedly stabilizes relatively quickly… I’m going to get another thermometer though, see how hot/cold it’s getting in there. Thank you!

Just a short update, I purchased a thermometer and it does seem the temperature is slightly; only slightly different. About 2-3 degrees different. I’ve altered it to be about 99.5*F on the new thermometer, so hopefully it will stay pretty consistent. Can a couple degrees different terminate the eggs? I’m debating removing a few. Thanks!

Just a short update, I purchased a thermometer and it does seem the temperature is slightly; only slightly different. About 2-3 degrees different. I’ve altered it to be about 99.5*F on the new thermometer, so hopefully it will stay pretty consistent. Can a couple degrees different terminate the eggs? I’m debating removing a few. Thanks!
2 to 3 degrees difference is a lot when incubating.

How many days have you had them in now?

2 to 3 degrees difference is a lot when incubating.
Ah okay, I had figured. Luckily these eggs were just kinda of ‘test eggs’, if I see the incubator stays at a consistent temperature I may add more, expecting them to actually hatch.

Cant quite recall, the oldest eggs in there maybe a week and a half. I add eggs daily, almost. It depends.
Its best to add all eggs at once to get them to hatch at same time. Multiple hatch dates in same incubator makes it Imposible to lockdown correctly for best hatching success, unless you have a second incubator to lockdown/hatch in. Do you have eggs marked with dates, so you know which eggs to (lockdown) raise humidity, stop turning and when?

Its best to add all eggs at once to get them to hatch at same time. Multiple hatch dates in same incubator makes it Imposible to lockdown correctly for best hatching success, unless you have a second incubator to lockdown/hatch in. Do you have eggs marked with dates, so you know which eggs to (lockdown) raise humidity, stop turning and when?
No I don’t typically mark the eggs, as I collect them just whenever and they aren’t very accurate Lol. Luckily I do have a second incubator, and I’ve always done it this way, and I haven’t had any issues yet :)

Back
Top Bottom