Any Incubator Recommendations?

EmmaGRS

Songster
May 31, 2021
Hello! We recently bought a “Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Incubator”, and after almost 2 weeks it doesn’t look too good. I have over a dozen duck and chicken eggs in there, and NOTHING is developing. The temperature stays at 99.5-100*F and 50% humidity. It doesn’t seem like we’re gonna keep this incubator, as it’s not working. The one we use in the JANOEL12 incubator, and it works perfectly, but it doesn’t hold more than 2 dozen eggs. I’m looking for a bigger incubator, and also hopefully one that works 😂 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I know, that’s why I was wondering why it wasn’t working. I don’t have one, I could easily get one, but I’m just curious if there’s anything similar out there. By sourcing do you mean where I got my eggs, or?
Lots to unpack. Looks like a nice incubator with good reviews. Do you have an independent temp and humidity checker? What was the sourcing for your eggs?

Just a short update, I purchased a thermometer and it does seem the temperature is slightly; only slightly different. About 2-3 degrees different. I’ve altered it to be about 99.5*F on the new thermometer, so hopefully it will stay pretty consistent. Can a couple degrees different terminate the eggs? I’m debating removing a few. Thanks!
2 to 3 degrees difference is a lot when incubating.

Well, if you get an independent thermal hydrometer and it reads a lot different from your bator you will at least know where you stand. They are only 10-15 $ so possibly a cheap start to the start of your solution.

Hello! We recently bought a “Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Incubator”, and after almost 2 weeks it doesn’t look too good. I have over a dozen duck and chicken eggs in there, and NOTHING is developing. The temperature stays at 99.5-100*F and 50% humidity. It doesn’t seem like we’re gonna keep this incubator, as it’s not working. The one we use in the JANOEL12 incubator, and it works perfectly, but it doesn’t hold more than 2 dozen eggs. I’m looking for a bigger incubator, and also hopefully one that works 😂 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
How big is the room it's in? And how warm is the room? I know odd question. I have a small useless room I put the incubator in so it doesn't have to fight the temp in the larger rooms. And I can run a vaporizer during lock down and that will keep the small room and incubator moist. I have an ebay incubator that holds 12..it was around 100. I've used it once (successfully) and it's super simple and works great. The brand is called kebbonix. It has a fan and an exterior way to add water so you don't have to open the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom