Any Incubator Recommendations?

EmmaGRS

Songster
May 31, 2021
Hello! We recently bought a “Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Incubator”, and after almost 2 weeks it doesn’t look too good. I have over a dozen duck and chicken eggs in there, and NOTHING is developing. The temperature stays at 99.5-100*F and 50% humidity. It doesn’t seem like we’re gonna keep this incubator, as it’s not working. The one we use in the JANOEL12 incubator, and it works perfectly, but it doesn’t hold more than 2 dozen eggs. I’m looking for a bigger incubator, and also hopefully one that works 😂 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I know, that’s why I was wondering why it wasn’t working. I don’t have one, I could easily get one, but I’m just curious if there’s anything similar out there. By sourcing do you mean where I got my eggs, or?
Lots to unpack. Looks like a nice incubator with good reviews. Do you have an independent temp and humidity checker? What was the sourcing for your eggs?

Well, if you get an independent thermal hydrometer and it reads a lot different from your bator you will at least know where you stand. They are only 10-15 $ so possibly a cheap start to the start of your solution.

Hello! We recently bought a “Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Incubator”, and after almost 2 weeks it doesn’t look too good. I have over a dozen duck and chicken eggs in there, and NOTHING is developing. The temperature stays at 99.5-100*F and 50% humidity. It doesn’t seem like we’re gonna keep this incubator, as it’s not working. The one we use in the JANOEL12 incubator, and it works perfectly, but it doesn’t hold more than 2 dozen eggs. I’m looking for a bigger incubator, and also hopefully one that works 😂 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
How big is the room it's in? And how warm is the room? I know odd question. I have a small useless room I put the incubator in so it doesn't have to fight the temp in the larger rooms. And I can run a vaporizer during lock down and that will keep the small room and incubator moist. I have an ebay incubator that holds 12..it was around 100. I've used it once (successfully) and it's super simple and works great. The brand is called kebbonix. It has a fan and an exterior way to add water so you don't have to open the incubator.

Well, if you get an independent thermal hydrometer and it reads a lot different from your bator you will at least know where you stand. They are only 10-15 $ so possibly a cheap start to the start of your solution.
Okay thank you, I’ll purchase one and go from there. Hopefully it’s not too different 😬

Back
Top Bottom