Any Jewish Poultry Keepers?

Pics
Hello! Do we fit in? We are practicing Noahides (Bnai Noach)! So excited to find this thread… I was getting a bit discouraged….
Well your question is a tough one. Do you fit in? Technically someone who wants to remain a Noahide doesn't need to follow the laws of Kashrut (the only thing you are expected to do is not eat live animals and to sacrifice them in a humane way).

If you want to further your knowledge and fulfillment of the mitzvot, then you are not a Noahide but an aspiring convert.

Either way no one is shunned by wanting to know more about Judaism; firstly and foremost with respect.
Jews don't actively seek to "convert" people, so we expect the same treatment (that people do not come and try to force their ideas on us; we have a solid foundation).

In regards to the kosher diet, in my very personal opinion, the whole wold should follow it. We are not different genetically, therefore what affects me, also affects you. That being said, in this day and age science has finally caught up to the laws of the Torah and we can now explain to the nations why it is essential that they follow Kashrut. This whole pandemic and if we look at other illnesses in the past, is because of consumption of animals that shouldn't be eaten; i.e. The armadillo is a passive lepra host, but if a human eats it's flesh the bacteria wreaks havoc.

This video is a secular interview but sums up a bit of why there are certain animal that should NOT be eaten.

And this one is about why the type of sacrifice has to be shechita, to avoid animal suffering.

We are vegetarians now (wanna be vegans - back to the Garden!!). And keep kosher.
In regards to the whole wanting to be vegans; we know from the Sages that we are not like the humans before the flood; that is the reason why it literally says that those generations were of the heavens and earth. The Mishna tells us of how they lived close to 1000 years, they were giants in comparison to us, and that is the reason why they only ate plants and fruits (archeologically speaking we know our ancestors' appendix was bigger and basically functioned like the crop of a chicken so we could process greens adecuately and we could get all the essential aminoacids, vitamins, etc; which is not the case now a days).

We on the other hand are genetically different and "diminished", different even from the patriarchs; which is why Hashem instructed we consume certain animals and sacrifice them in a kosher way (it is necessary to stay healthy).

Making the meat kosher is a very complex process and doesn't only have to do with how you "cut" with he knife and where; it really is a profession. That requires years of study: animal anatomy, about illnesses since sick animals cannot be eaten, etc.

A glatt kosher certification with a beit yosef certification is the more stringent; where the lungs and flesh of the animal are checked to verify they are healthy and well.

Not mixing milk and meat has it's reason because both are digested with a different pH in our body, if the pH isn't right you WILL get indigestion.

Not eating insects, well I think that's just logical, they have thousands of parasites. Here's an interesting article about it. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6613697/

I think if most people knew certain things they would exercise more caution with their decisions.

Rabbi Yehuda Fetaya, a great Kabbalist, that had such a high level that he could see and rectify the souls of people that had transgressed in life; he was able to hear from the angels in charge of the dead, and the dead themselves, how the Gueinah (hell) worked. He mentions this and other things in his books.

One of them in regards to Kosher and non-kosher meat, and a plague that affected the city of Bagdad (both jews and non-jews) in 1915 in the month of Shevat, where he saw angels in Bagdad striking the people and afflicting suffering. I will quote:

"When trouble comes, we know neither its cause nor which way to turn in order to cancel the decree; like a teacher who punishes his student, or a father who chastises his son, but does not tell him for what error he is being punished... As I was speaking with those three men and challenging God, three men from among the destructive group approached me and told me that the plague had been decreed because there were people who were eating non-kosher meat, and mixing meat and milk, at a non-Jewish hotel. And if this were not enough, the Jewish hotel was also cooking such forbidden foods. Moreover, there were people cooki g non-kosher foods, and milk and meat together, in their houses. "Now," they said, "even if you may be able to correct the matter in the Jewish hotel, pray tell us, could you also control the non-Jewish hotel, so that they not cook non-kosher meat, or control the other people who were cooking such forbidden foods at home? It would be impossible. Therefore, what point would there be in telling you the reason for the plague? This is why the letters of מאכל - food became מלאך - angel, and an angel of destruction for these people."" In that case," I told them," you should smite only those who have been eating forbidden foods."" Know, " they answered me,"that although we are called destroyers, we do not lack compassion and would spare mankind. The matter, however, is this: we have a list of all the people who have been eating non-kosher food, or, milk and meat together, upom whom death has been decreed unless they repent. We do not have a list however, of other people who have committed other types of sin and iniquities, but if we run into them by chance, we have option of slaying them, as is written: 'The sinner is ensnared by his sins, he will get caught in the cords of his iniquity' [proverbs 5:22]. Concerning them it is written: 'And some die without judgment [ibid. 13:23]...
"Indeed," they said, "last thursday the 20th of Shevat, God caused hail to fall upon the city. The letters of the word דבר - pestilence were rearranged from the word ברד - hail. We have therefore assembled here on this balcony to wait and see what improvements might be effected in the city. If you doubt what we are telling you and say this is but a dream, which neither helps nor hinders, we will give you a sign to prove it is true. You and two others should speak to someone who has been eating non-kosher food, and should warn him not to do so any longer. If he balks and refuses, say to him: 'Since you are refusing to hees pie words, we hereby decree that in such a day at such a time you will be smitten by the plague, and you will die at such an hour.' You will then see that this is exactly what will transpire, no more and no less, and you will know that this dream was true."

He continues to relate how on the 4th of Adar, the plague stopped afflicting the jews (because they stopped eating forbiden food), but it continued to afflict the gentiles.

And if the pandemic has taught us anything to this day is that eating forbiden foods isn't helping one bit to change what is happening in the world, whether you are a Jew or non-Jew.

It's a delicate subject, but if the profecies tell us that in the era of Mashiach the whole world will know and follow their creator, then all the more reason that the whole world should follow all the laws in the Torah. What makes the Jewish people special to this date is that even without understanding all it's laws to it's fullest, they still follow the Torah and have kept both the written and oral Torah without change for 3333 years to date.
Doing things because today you "feel like trying" is not enought; both in good times or bad times, the Jewish people have followed their God.
Many kingdoms have risen and fallen in that time, but because they wish to be close to the one and only God, they remain, survive and thrive.

May we merit to see the redemption soon.

I think if most people knew certain things they would exercise more caution with their decisions.

Rabbi Yehuda Fetaya, a great Kabbalist, that had such a high level that he could see and rectify the souls of people that had transgressed in life; he was able to hear from the angels in charge of the dead, and the dead themselves, how the Gueinah (hell) worked. He mentions this and other things in his books.

One of them in regards to Kosher and non-kosher meat, and a plague that affected the city of Bagdad (both jews and non-jews) in 1915 in the month of Shevat, where he saw angels in Bagdad striking the people and afflicting suffering. I will quote:

"When trouble comes, we know neither its cause nor which way to turn in order to cancel the decree; like a teacher who punishes his student, or a father who chastises his son, but does not tell him for what error he is being punished... As I was speaking with those three men and challenging God, three men from among the destructive group approached me and told me that the plague had been decreed because there were people who were eating non-kosher meat, and mixing meat and milk, at a non-Jewish hotel. And if this were not enough, the Jewish hotel was also cooking such forbidden foods. Moreover, there were people cooki g non-kosher foods, and milk and meat together, in their houses. "Now," they said, "even if you may be able to correct the matter in the Jewish hotel, pray tell us, could you also control the non-Jewish hotel, so that they not cook non-kosher meat, or control the other people who were cooking such forbidden foods at home? It would be impossible. Therefore, what point would there be in telling you the reason for the plague? This is why the letters of מאכל - food became מלאך - angel, and an angel of destruction for these people."" In that case," I told them," you should smite only those who have been eating forbidden foods."" Know, " they answered me,"that although we are called destroyers, we do not lack compassion and would spare mankind. The matter, however, is this: we have a list of all the people who have been eating non-kosher food, or, milk and meat together, upom whom death has been decreed unless they repent. We do not have a list however, of other people who have committed other types of sin and iniquities, but if we run into them by chance, we have option of slaying them, as is written: 'The sinner is ensnared by his sins, he will get caught in the cords of his iniquity' [proverbs 5:22]. Concerning them it is written: 'And some die without judgment [ibid. 13:23]...
"Indeed," they said, "last thursday the 20th of Shevat, God caused hail to fall upon the city. The letters of the word דבר - pestilence were rearranged from the word ברד - hail. We have therefore assembled here on this balcony to wait and see what improvements might be effected in the city. If you doubt what we are telling you and say this is but a dream, which neither helps nor hinders, we will give you a sign to prove it is true. You and two others should speak to someone who has been eating non-kosher food, and should warn him not to do so any longer. If he balks and refuses, say to him: 'Since you are refusing to hees pie words, we hereby decree that in such a day at such a time you will be smitten by the plague, and you will die at such an hour.' You will then see that this is exactly what will transpire, no more and no less, and you will know that this dream was true."

He continues to relate how on the 4th of Adar, the plague stopped afflicting the jews (because they stopped eating forbiden food), but it continued to afflict the gentiles.

And if the pandemic has taught us anything to this day is that eating forbiden foods isn't helping one bit to change what is happening in the world, whether you are a Jew or non-Jew.

It's a delicate subject, but if the profecies tell us that in the era of Mashiach the whole world will know and follow their creator, then all the more reason that the whole world should follow all the laws in the Torah. What makes the Jewish people special to this date is that even without understanding all it's laws to it's fullest, they still follow the Torah and have kept both the written and oral Torah without change for 3333 years to date.
Doing things because today you "feel like trying" is not enought; both in good times or bad times, the Jewish people have followed their God.
Many kingdoms have risen and fallen in that time, but because they wish to be close to the one and only God, they remain, survive and thrive.

May we merit to see the redemption soon.
Thank you so very much for taking the time to type such a detailed, heartfelt response to my call. You have given me so much to ponder & digest that I cannot respond quickly!
💜

Back
Top Bottom