Any knife makers out there?

TelfTheElf

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 27, 2018
Middlesbrough, UK
hi peoples

You might say that is a bad but i still have all my fingers an only have about 10 scars from knife related accidents. I used to (about 6 months) make knives by the dozen. They were alright but I could ever quite get i right. this knife making spree carried on until my dad said that i have far to many knives and i should get rid of them...stupid chap. I duly did ( i put them in the pointing of the steps in out back garden) and now only have a Victorionox Tinker (which I have actually lost). i have just recently made a average knife. It cuts paper like it was biult by a pro but doesn't look all that good. Btw...the only power tools I use are a chop-saw and a cordless drill.

I posted this thread just to see if any one has any tutorials?

Thanks
TelfTheElf

I don't but SIL does. He is an amateur blacksmith. Does the knife making just for fun.
0619141511-00.jpg

always thought it would be fun, getting into knife making, but am the type of person who needs instructions or a kit to follow. don't know if they make knife kits.

but always wanted to make my own bow and do one of those muzzle-loader kits for a Kentucky rifle. lol.

To make a GOOD knife, have to BLACKSMITH THE 7734 out of a good quality piece of steel. Then HEAT TREAT (harden) and polish, and sharpen.
Taking a piece of steel and grinding it into shape of a blade does not produce a very good knife. Just a sharpened piece of steel.
There are YouTube videos that show some making quality knives. :thumbsup

I have always wanted a forge since a kid and dad said no. Later married and ina townhouse and I knew me banging an anvil would cite rebellion and later in the county and too many other hobbies. I started getting an interest in it again and found forged in Fire and everyone wanting to be a smith. Once it got trendy, I lost interest. My buddy forges them and if I get the urge, I'll go use his to make one.

I have finished several from blanks I purchased. I added the scales and make the sheaths.
My skinner and the sheath

My daughters skinner and sheath.

Back
Top Bottom