Any Legal Professionals Out There....Cop, Judge...anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickiHupp

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Newark, Ohio
Okay here's the story:

My cousin is married. He and her husband live in HER fathers house. Her father pays all the bills. The husband doesn't have a job. She just found out that he is doing AND selling drugs.

She told him to get out....He said that he does not have to because that's his mailing address.

My question:
Does she have to go to the courts and get a CPO or something like that just to get him out of her fathers house? What should I tell her to do??
hu.gif

I don't know about where you live, but here you have to give 30 days written notice of eviction. If he is dangerous, they can call the police and the cops will tell him to go somewhere for the night, and then she can go to courthouse to petition for protective order. Then he would not be able to come back into the home.

Call the cops! I would guess Her father could say he is trespassing at least.

(I'm not a cop or legal profesional, I just wanna have my say
big_smile.png
)

You actualy have to go threw the eviction prosses. You have good grounds so it wont be that hard it just takes a while.

FYI If you let someone live on your property rent free its almost imposible to evict them. A felony would do it.

Quote:
That isn't quite accurate, he also has to have actually been permitted to live there when he first started using it as his mailing address.

Oh my...

Okay so if she goes into the courts tomorrow and has a cpo put on him will he have to move out then? They have young children and I am sure he brings the drugs to their hoome although as of right now I dont think she has any actual proof of that. Geez this is crazy stuff!!

nononononono.

sorry, in legal profession, husband a cop.

Call the police NOW. Tell them the situation. Let them come lock him up. If you are caught with those drugs in that house you are ALL going to jail. PLEASE, call the duty sargent, NOT 911, explain the situation and have them help you.

It is not actually eviction if he has no lease and no legal agreement. Don't know what state you are in, but more than likely Dad can just put him out, but if he is arrested first, he can't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom