Any musicians around?

Pics
Glad to know there are other musicians here!

Now, your question. An ocarina is a small wind instrument. Mine is packed, so I cant post a picture if it.

An Erhu is a Chinese violin. I'll post a picture when I get home. I am at the store right now.

A shakuhachi is a Japanese Bamboo flute. I actually made mine because they are so expensive. Again, I'll post a picture when I get home.

It is the strangest thing. I can pick up any instrument, and with time, I can learn to play it myself without lessons. That was the case with the clarinet. I bought it with no idea how to play it, and two days later, I was playing it very well.

I call it a gift.

I play piano. I have a musical gift too, perfect pitch. Apparently, only about one in ten thousand people have it. I also play tin whistle and auto harp, which kind of trapezoid shaped with buttons you press to get chords.

How I wish I could have perfect pitch!

Anyway, I found my Shakuhachi. Heres a picture. I actually need to start making another one. This one is slightly out of tune.

20200510_095156.jpg

I'd like to learn piano, to be honest... I have a six-string guitar, but I don't know how to play it.
I fully intend to somehow get my hands on a keyboard so that I can learn how to play the piano... we have a grand piano in the living room, but I only practice when I'm alone in the house -- and that isn't often.
Other than that... does singing count? The only musical thing that I can properly do, haha!

Back
Top Bottom