1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any NY'ers??

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Critter Crazy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I live in Broome County New York, just over the NY/PA border. I was wondering if anyone was from around the general area, or if anyone knew of any good places to buy birds?? I want to increase my flock with some different breeds, but dont realy want to Buy anymore online, as I dont need that many! [​IMG]

2. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

My daughter lives in Binghamton...but she doesn't keep chichens.....YET!!!

3. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    We live South of Rochester.

4. thebifman

thebifman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Hello! I am in Staten Island, NYC. I got my chickens from www.mypetchicken.com. The shipping is $$$$, but the chicks were really healthy and you buy as few as you like. Also, you can buy fertile eggs on Ebay if you are into incubating/hatching. [​IMG]

Brian

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  5. rocker

rocker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2007
    p.a.
    well i dont live in southern n.y. but i live in northern p.a. just over the border.

6. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    [​IMG] Howdy!

LaGrangeville, NY (Dutchess County) here!

I don't know where locally you could get some, I bought mine on line. (My Pet Chicken too)

7. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    Hi guys...im in rochester. Hey any of you guys want an EE/americana roo? The noisy buggar was crowing at 430 this morning!

8. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Hi!! I am actually finishing up my MA at BU, though my husband and I live outside of Dryden (south of Cortland, East of Ithaca).. [​IMG] We found the eggs we're working on hatching from some local friends of my husbands who live in I-town. *sometimes* in the early spring the Ithaca farmer's market has some local farmers selling their chicks, sometimes..

(okay so you asked that back in April, but ya' know.. [​IMG])

Quote:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  9. leghorns_rule

leghorns_rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    syr New york
    Syracuse NY

10. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    Saint Johnsville, New York here ( a little burg in between Albany and Utica). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by