Any NY'ers??

Im downstate NY on the Eastern End of Long Island. Yup, Im in the suburbs and have a happy group of chickens, ducks and rabbits all living together. The rabbits chase the chickens which chase the ducks. It is one big happy family!!

We got into our little gang when we got a chicken as an Easter Gift this year. She died, but we were hooked and got 6 more. We wound up losing another one, but then got two Indian Runner ducks and just got our first egg last week from one of the Leghorns. We LOVE THEM!!

We also have 3 dogs, a cat, 9 rats, 3 goldfish and a turtle...lol. Yes, its my own little petting zoo. I LOVE IT!!

I will add my two cents to this thread. I live in central New York, on the north shore of Oneida Lake.
I have 5 mutts. One is a year old rooster, 2 y1 ear old hens, an 18 week old hen and I am beginning to suspect an18 week old rooster. I hatched the older rooster and the two young ones. I bought the other two when my hen was killed and the two chicks were too young to "play" with Chickie the rooster. So I have Chickie, Hessy, Spookie, Henny and Penny. Henny will most likely need a new name although I hope not.
I am new to this and am loving it.

Hi!! I was wondering too if there were any other NY'ers.
smile.png
I'm in Central NY. Along with my babies (my chickens
smile.png
) and the rest o f my family.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of us kicking around in the finger lakes region (3 or 4 that I'm aware of) if that's where you define Central NY..
smile.png
My dh, our daughter and I are about 20 minutes East of Ithaca.

smile.png

Hi Folks,
I'm in Westchester along the Hudson - Ossining. I've gotten my chickens from a school project... after they hatched and the kids took off for the summer.

I'm getting some more from Silver Forge Farm in NJ. They posted on BYC. They don't want hens over 1 1/2 yrs - they're running a business and require high production hens. I'm not, I'm just having fun!

Here's my present doghouse conversion...

oldcoop1.jpg

And here's our new coop in progress....

newcoop6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom