Any NY'ers??

Quote:
I LIVE IN RIDGE TOO!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I live in Panamoka!!! I've had my girls two years next month! Where in Ridge are you?
Kelly

I live in Nichols,NY(Tioga County).It's between Binghamton and Elmira on the NY/PA border.There is the Athens Stockyards in Athens PA.Phone #(570)882-8500 or (607)699-3637.They used to have sales on Monday.They had small animals early going into larger stock by afternoon.I haven't been there since the new owners took over so you may want to call first.They had an annual Easter sale that was huge,with rabbits,chickens,goats,lambs,pigs.you name it.It was alot of fun,and you would see all breeds there.

Because of this thread I've noticed many people over in Putnam,Westchester,Hudson area.My ancestors came from a place called Haviland(our last name) Hollow.I believe it is called Patterson NY now .It's close to the NY\\CT border.I'm interested in History/geneology from there. Will

frow.gif
Hi Kelly FG
I am on the Island too! I live in Patchogue/Medford area not far from Ridge. I have not gotten any chickens yet, where did you get yours? & I am still on the hunt for a local feed store!
hu.gif

Hi Presto, I got my chickens from McMurrays hatchery. The Riverhead agway takes chick orders this time of year, but i think they are all staight run. What breeds do you want?

frow.gif
Hi Kelly FG.
Thanks I'm going to call the Riverhead Agway, I didn't know there was one there, I thought the only one was in Port Jeff! I have looking at diffrent breeds & I really Like Silkies, Rhode Island Reds, 'The Easter Egg Layer Araucanas/Americanas, & Red Star. I really want to make sure they are Hardy for winter, That is my main concern.

Lori.

PS, Sorry it took so long to respond.

Kees,
Do you live in Cold Springs, NY? On Rte 301? If so, I think I passed your house. If I could have I would have stopped, but I was a passenger in a car. I saw silkies in a front yard and I was soooo eggcited! Was that your place?

Riga Township (Churchville). sw of Rochester about 10 miles.

No chickens, yet. No coop. But I've got 7 hens on order and a make-shift brooder.

Wife and I are transplants (D.C. and Chicago) but we love NY (except for the ding dang taxes).

Back
Top Bottom