Any Oddities collectors?? I'm here! :)

This isn't the whole collection.. just a few pics of some of the skulls .. I think I have around 54 or so at the moment...
I may be adding in a full dog skeleton.. just haven't decided if I'm going to have room for it

Some are still in boxes and the newest ones are still in transit

dog and cat

dog (I believe it's a pit bull)

and a few finishing up maceration

Once the ones that are macerating are done they will go to a degreasing bath.. then on to whitening.. and finally sealed

Yin, I've seen your house! You have a lot more than 54 now! You need to update this thread with more pics!

All of you with such great skull collections make me jealous!!!! DH isn't as fond of such things as I am, but a nice skull/skeleton from an animal, is a really beautiful thing to behold! You all have great looking bones! I personally am not into taxidermy, but I certainly appreciate the great art that goes into it! You guys rock! It's great to see that not everyone thinks it's completely bizarre to enjoy such things!

wow! really really beautiful! items and presentation! on this site though, all i can see/think is...bugs... i wonder which bugs the chickens would favor, ignore or run from!
i definitely want to see more photos!!

wow!!! RECKLESS, that is a WILD collection! i love it... it's gonna take me a while to absorb! ESPECIALLY the chickens! amazing! i have a lady in my fridge, however she's in rough shape i was planning on 'fertilizer'
and i MOST love the photo with the beautiful little girl holding chicken :)

wow! really really beautiful! items and presentation! on this site though, all i can see/think is...bugs... i wonder which bugs the chickens would favor, ignore or run from!
i definitely want to see more photos!!

I need to take more of mine.. I have a few that still need to be hung on the wall plus a few still in need of articulation..

My husband needs to carve one of the horse skulls we have (he's still debating on a design to carve into it).. then get to work on the carved coyote skulls he wants to gift for christmas...

Last edited:
wow!!! RECKLESS, that is a WILD collection! i love it... it's gonna take me a while to absorb! ESPECIALLY the chickens! amazing! i have a lady in my fridge, however she's in rough shape i was planning on 'fertilizer'
and i MOST love the photo with the beautiful little girl holding chicken :)

you could always "compost" her carefully.. and remove the bones after the flesh has rotted off.. then articulate the skeleton
If you live in the country another option is to either cage the body and let nature do it's work at cleaning it for you.. then retrieve the bones from the cage at a later date.. if you don't cage it then wildlife tends to walk away with the bones!
Maceration is another option.. but it is pretty nasty to deal with if you have a weak stomach. and if the water gets too cold the grease can penetrate the bones even more and harden ..making it much harder to remove..

I have several chickens to articulate, a few turkeys and a duck.. working on cleaning the bones now.. so once they are cleaned then will have to be degreased and whitened.. then articulated

I collect bones of any kind even have a couple human ;) I love taxidermied animals but only have couple bats at the moment. I have a full size freezer full of dead things I find. I want to ethier give to my beetles or try to mount. Never done taxidermy but I really want to learn. I could never kill or buy anything that was killed for a house decoration though :) so I find all my animals or if a pet passes
I also collect any type stones and crystals, old books, old and new medical equipment and sure there are a few things I am forgetting ;)

Back
Top Bottom