Any one Else give their chickies presents this Holiday Season??

AJ666

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
La Crosse, WI
I know I did! I got them a big honkin tub of yogurt
big_smile.png
They loved it!

My pullets got quite a few presents. Let me list them.

-In their stockings, they each got a bundle of live mealworms

-I got them a new feeder/waterer that has designs of hens, roos, and chicks on it

-My grandpa got them a stained-glass solarpowered yard light that is designed to look like a rooster

In addition, they also got some corn, bacon, and a little peck of gingerbread each
big_smile.png
They are so spoiled

Quote:
I've seen those flock blocks at the feed store made by purina. Care to share your recipe?? Then My chickens will get a belated Christmas gift..

Happy Holidays !!!

Quote:
I've seen those flock blocks at the feed store made by purina. Care to share your recipe?? Then My chickens will get a belated Christmas gift..

Happy Holidays !!!

here is a thread with all sorts of recipes
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111647

i mixed oatmeal, cream of wheat, scratch and BOSS, then added some soaked bread, and enough water to make a dough, put it in a baking pan and cooked it at 350 for 2 hours, cut it while it was still hot, then this morning i broke it apart and gave it to them- they finished it off by noon, but it kept them all busy- i had to crumble some of it so they could see it was food

Mine got ALL the left overs I could convince the family to let me bring... Half eaten baked potatoes, pomegrantite seeds, bread, EVERYTHING!!! Earlier they got Oatmeal with corn, plain oatmeal, plain corn, and a salad. I wish I could have gotten them something new because they're compost chickens regularly...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom