Any one else in/was in 4-H

My girls are in 4-H. We have been in different clubs. I was a leader for awhile and now I am just a mom. The girls will be showing their horses this year, and the ducks and chickens. My daughter should be getting her sportman cabinet incubator next week.
She raises Australian spotted bantams, miniature silver appleyards, silver appleyards, rhouns, and possibly mandarins. We also just got the blue laced red wyandotte chickens about a month ago too.
We mainly want to focus, in 4-H on the horses, and kinda follow Pat Parelli and Anderson Clinton kind of thinkin'.
They were going to show the goats last year, but duh, I didnt' know we needed a farm tag for them, so maybe this year. We should have one bred goat. The other three--they are going to do some brush crunching.

Please tell me, what is FFA?
Thanks.

Quote:
Me too!

Thanks to my Vo-Ag classes in high school, I was able to learn that there was more to agriculture than I ever imagined. Through the different contests and through my classes I got the opportunity to learn SO much. Because of all I experienced in high school through Vo-Ag and FFA, I ended up pursuing a college education and a career in agriculture.
smile.png

My girls are both in 4-H....
They LOVE it.....This is there 2nd year...We had kinda a rough start with getting info and help when it came to what was allowed and what was not....There was and still is 1 family that has bent over backwards for us...We are so indebted to them for all they have done for us....

Today was the pig weigh-in for the local fair...That was sooo fun...

They are showing pigs, sheep, goats, rabbits, poultry, turkeys, geese, ducks, horse, maybe the llamas...
Then there is all the Arts & Craft projects..That list is just as long if not longer than the animals that the girls are showing...

I was never in 4-H, and neither was Jason, so this is all new for us, and I am learning just as much as our girls are...I so love having them in 4-H and wish I would of gotten them into is sooner....

This is my daughter's first year of being in 4-H....so I really have no idea what we are getting into. I just know that she will be able to show chickens at our county fair and she is really excited about that!
I only signed her up for poultry....I called the extension office and apparently we will get the info next week for the poultry club.
wee.gif

I'm so excited!!! Now all we need are our new chicks!

4H family here
ya.gif
. My kids are in their 3rd year with dogs, 2nd year with goats and 1st year with poultry. It has been amazing for my kids. Every kid should be given and take this opportunity!

My grandkids are in 4-H, raising pigs, I was in 4-H raising steers and heifers as a kid, and my own kids were in 4-h also.
I'm now a poultry leader and plastic models leader in the 4-H program in apache county AZ.
It's a great program for young people, and fun as a leader in helping the youth fulfil dreams.

I'm in 4-H, I'm doing the chick chain right now. 25 "RIR" probly production reds
roll.png
working on a portfolio (this thing gives me headaches!
barnie.gif
but it's worth it!
smile.png
)
and I'm goin to 4-H congress in Nasheville Sunday! I'm in a whole lot of 4-H right now!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom