any one else with flea problems already?

you could sprinkle the borax on the furniture and probably bedding also...those little buggers live in ANYTHING!...i like the advantage,advantix and revolution though...cause it kills the flea cycle...makes them sterile or something..so there are no more eggs.....i hate fleas!..lol..if i see one i go on a killing spree!..
smack.gif
....because they can be sooo hard to get rid of. Wendy

Glad to see that I am not alone on the flea boat...
gig.gif

I don't think it got cold enough to kill them this year and boy they are having a field day with my dog's and cat's.

We order skin so soft from avon and it seems to do pretty good with keeping them off. We just put it in a spray bottle. They also sell something called Bug Guard. I think it is sunscreen but it is better then the regular skin so soft.
You can also dilute pinesol in water and spray them with that. Kills the fleas right away.
Flea's are 99% water, sprinkle salt in your carpet and it dries them babies up...... you don't have to worry about your kids or pets either.
I have also heard about the Borax, haven't tried that one yet.

As for the yard, that has been our biggest problem. There is something that we call Mylithon(sp) that works pretty good. You have to spray and then spray again in 3 day's.

Oh yeah, fleas hatch every 3 day's!!! You have to spray every 3 day's tile you get them all gone!! Goodluck every body!!

Last edited:
is the mylithon safe for pets?...cause if so..i'm getting some tommorow...thanks, Wendy

I have goats and chickens in the yard along with dogs and cats and kids, lol. I have never had a problem with anybody or anything getting sick from it. I spray and the goats still eat so, I would think so.

I was told by a "person" that sale's chickens that you can spray the pens and chickens and all.......um I haven't done that though!!

Like several have said, I am not having any trouble with fleas (I NEVER do) but the ticks are horrible!!!! I picked up two stray dogs a couple of weeks ago and was surprised they were even alive with the number of ticks they had. I walked through a field and later picked 7 off me!!!! YUCK!!!!! I use advantage on my dog and it isn't touching them this year. I don't use anything on my cats but they are inside only and never get even one. It is about to drive me insane!!!!

Last edited:
Hi! If you mean Malathion, I'd be cautious spraying it around children / pets (or anything you don't want dead).
I use it here on ant hills. 1 1/2 TSP per gal of water and drench or spray. It's effective, but smells really bad.

For flea control in lawns, the rate is 10 TBS per gal of water at the rate of 1 gal of mixture per 1000 sq ft.

It's supposed to have "relatively low human toxicity", but it scares me.
Malathion research

Good luck with your flea problem.
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom