Any one Have Silver Swans?

I had a silver swan!

I purchased a silver from Bob Johnson (bobJ004) in FL that sells alot of waterfowl on eggbid. After paying him over $1500 he had alot of excuses for not shipping. He kept saying the airline would not accept it as the weather was to cold, even though I had other birds shipped to me during that time.

He finally decided to send it by USPS. I told him I would be home for the next 2 weeks, gone one week and then back home. So he should not ship on the one week. Well I get to Missouri and he calls that he sent the bird. So I have my brother pick it up at the post office when it came in. When he opened the box the silver swan had trouble standing and was not in good shape.

I immediately called him to tell him there was a problem with the swan. He said to let him know. During the night the bird died, I called him the next day, said I would ship the dead bird back to him. He stated to wait- he would let me know where to send the bird after he found a taxidermist. So I just let it go for a while waiting, after no activity, I emailed him about my refund- he said it had been to long, how does he know the bird died right away!

He never sent any money back on the silver swan - that I now think had something wrong with it before he even shipped- that is why he kept coming up with excuses!

It sucks to get scammed out of the money-- but loosing such a rare bird is worse.

Randy

WOW, 'Bob Johnson (bobJ004) in FL that sells alot of waterfowl on eggbid" is a REAL JERK!!!!
ep.gif
How aweful for you!
sad.png
Especially when you know he profited from the whole ordeal.
sad.png

there's a bunch of them out there like that, especially on eggbid, seem they all flock to it cause it's not monitored. The owners just let it all go with no protection to the buyers...

Wow those ARE beautiful. . . And don't you just love having expensive tastes?
lol.png
I'm hoping mine will pay off in the future.
smile.png

Quote:
That's Aweful!!! I've never bought off eggbid, but never knew they weren't monitered! That's sad for the bird community.
sad.png

Sad but true, just try to get a response out of customer service with them, they'll never answer you, and obvious scams are allowed to continue all the time on it. It's like they just set up the site, got it going then stepped back and said let them all handle it themselves??
I pay my balances when I do sell on there after every auction, which is just chicks or poults cause ebay wont allow them, well I'm still carrying a balance from sell I paid off in March of last year, contacted them half a dozen times about it, no response, nor credit, nothing, real shame, if they'd monitor it, keep the crooks beat off it, and do it right, it'd be a very nice place for us bird people, but there are so many crooks on it, I'm scared to buy anything off it any more. I have 1 negative feedback on it and it came from one of those crooks, the notorius New York guy with a dozen user names, who fights the Florida guy on there all the time. He sold me merriam turkey eggs, well traded actually, but bought them from my neighbor, had them shipped from 30 miles west of me to NY, didnt even rebox them, just turned them around and sent them back to GA to me, of course after 2 weeks in the postal service, they were scrambled.
We figured out what he had done, called him on it, he said yes he did it, but they were half my buddies and half his, trying to get me multiple blood lines!!! Yeah right, he doesnt even own any come to find out, he bought like 60 from my buddy over a month and busted them up into smaller groups and was selling them for like $15 each.
Anyway, I'll stop now, just be wary of eggbid, do read all the feedbacks first, there are some great seller on there, but for every 2 good ones, theres a crook on it too....A little supervision could stop that in my opinion...

I currently have 17 Silver or Merle swans. I also have 16 Black swans that definitely carry the Silver gene. I will be selling the entire flock as a group. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] or call my cell phone at 847-875-3947

Thank you, Bob Knox

Back
Top Bottom