Any one on Delmarva?

Downtownhen

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 23, 2013
Delmarva
Hey there I'm on Delmarva in Maryland and I'm looking for a place to get a couple young bantam laying hens. My husband is almost finished building my coop but I still haven't found a chicken breeder. I will be a first time chicken owner so I don't want chicks. Any recommendations would be fabulous.

welcome-byc.gif
You can go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on your state thread. The new members thread is seen by people around the world, most of which don't live anywhere near you. Your state thread should bring you in contact with some people nearer to you.

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the buy-sell-trade forum on BYC, there is also 'free animals that need rehoming,' and you could list a "wanted to buy" ad, and see what responses you get.

Hi!

I also live in the area referred to as "Delmarva", the Maryland part. Just joined BYC and so far am enjoying learning all there is to know about chickens! I just came up with a "coop" plan, going to modify my daughters old playhouse and build a run. I have been waiting and waiting for my hubby to build a coop. A wise old friend told me if I wait for that , I will never have coop. Must get chickens first, then coop will come! I didn't go with that advice but decided to venture out on my own with this idea. I think it will be great fun and a wonderful learning experience for my daughter and I. Not to mention, I have been trusted in caring for my neighbors chickens when they are out of town...my payment...fresh eggs, I'm HOOKED!

Trying to decide what would be the best breed to start off caring for? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom