Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Hey crafty. The purpose of the fodder is to feed them the plant, seed, and root. Some people use fodder exclusively 4 feed I will be using it as a supplement to the standard feed. In order to do it properly you need to start a new batch of seeds every day because it only takes about 7 days before it's ready to feed do the chickens. I will be posting more pictures of my setup later this week once I get it all running.

Wanted to share a little bit of spring from the South. Took a stroll around outside today and took pictures of things in bloom and wanted to share with y'all. From the top a Quince, Azalia, Azalia, Japanese Maple, baby Pine cones, Dewberries, and last is Baby's Breath. I hope everyone enjoys! I mean, who doesn't like flowers??

Beautiful! I have flower envy. Things are only just started to pop out of the ground here. We definitely don't have any flowers, but I think the daffodils will start blooming in another week or 2. Do you guys realize we're only 2 weeks from the Daylight Savings change? I can't wait.

Ohhh thanks for the pics chicken face! I LOVE flowers. Does anyone know which ones are safe to plant near the coop, that they wouldnt devour in 30 min.?

Crafty chick, I have raised beds around the perimeter of my coop which I regularly plant with things the chickens love to eat, but they tend to eat it way faster than it grows. Someone recommended I try some types of clover. Chickens love it, it's good for them, and it seeds and returns very quickly. This weekend I planted all the beds with crimson clover seed. I like the bright red flowers, and it's cold-hardy. I'll let you know how the experiment goes.

Funny Story.. i think anyways!

1st though, Way to go with all the new eggs! :) How EggCiting!!!

Anyhooo.. been a while since I have been on, Life.. always something...
smile.png

Well Saturday, was the day we had to cull one of the roosters ( I tried to find him a home, but no luck) and he was getting way to loud and I am not technically supposed to have chickens and living a little to close to the township building, and i couldn't risk him alerting them to my new little chicken obsession.. Well.. Call me the Queen of Hearts as you would have heard that day " OFF With his head!" ( Sorry trying to keep the situation light, my one friend was really mad at me
sad.png
) So after the deed was done, and everyone calm... I go back to my barn and check on the girls, and don't you know, there next to the water-er...... there sat the most beautiful 1st!! BROWN EGG!!!!!! Talk about motivation!!

Well played girls!!! Well played!

Last edited:
Hey crafty. The purpose of the fodder is to feed them the plant, seed, and root. Some people use fodder exclusively 4 feed I will be using it as a supplement to the standard feed. In order to do it properly you need to start a new batch of seeds every day because it only takes about 7 days before it's ready to feed do the chickens. I will be posting more pictures of my setup later this week once I get it all running.
Thank you for a day-by-day photo post of the fodder project. I want to try it too. The photos are making it easier to understand as I must be getting old(er) and find myself becoming more visual (or could that be the internet age?).
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom