Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Funny Story.. i think anyways!

1st though, Way to go with all the new eggs! :) How EggCiting!!!

Anyhooo.. been a while since I have been on, Life.. always something...
smile.png

Well Saturday, was the day we had to cull one of the roosters ( I tried to find him a home, but no luck) and he was getting way to loud and I am not technically supposed to have chickens and living a little to close to the township building, and i couldn't risk him altering them to my new little chicken obsession.. Well.. Call me the Queen of Hearts as you would have heard that day " OFF With his head!" ( Sorry trying to keep the situation light, my one friend was really mad at me
sad.png
) So after the deed was done, and everyone calm... I go back to my barn and check on the girls, and don't you know, there next to the water-er...... there sat the most beautiful 1st!! BROWN EGG!!!!!! Talk about motivation!!

Well played girls!!! Well played!
HAHA! You put the fear in them. Produce or get offed.

from what I understand about the fodder I believe a 50 pound bag of wheat seed produces about 300 pounds of fodder so it appears that it would be worth while as far as a budget perspective. I did not get a chance 2 weigh this test but on my next batch I will be weighing to see how much it starts as and where it finishes and I will be able to get a better price breakdown

Wow roseschickies, I guess they got the hint! Good girls! Well, atleast one of them :)

Sounds good redangler. Let me know how they like it.

I'll look at that link brooster, after tax money comes back in a couple weeks, it'll be easier to ask the hubby if Ican start a two new projects.... clover and fodder!

Woo who! My RI knocked out a good sized egg today! She's been having the 1st small starter ones since shes started
celebrate.gif
BTW does anyone pinterest? I love all the chicken, DIYs, crocheting stuff that I follow on there. Just asking, would love to follow if you do :)

Woo who! My RI knocked out a good sized egg today! She's been having the 1st small starter ones since shes started
celebrate.gif
BTW does anyone pinterest? I love all the chicken, DIYs, crocheting stuff that I follow on there. Just asking, would love to follow if you do :)
Yeah I am a Pinterest nut too. SO many great ideas for the garden and the chickies.

Off the egg subject for a second, my RIR's feathers look odd, and at the base of her tail, she's got some balding areas, she reminds me of a dog with a thick undercoat that needs a good brushing...LOL I held her down tonight to see if I could find any bugs, I didn't but not sure I know what I'm looking for. She's got some funny looking areas on her breasts and around her neck, from what I've read, the areas are common areas for feather loss when moulting, but she's not even 6 months old yet> Everyone else looks normal. No roos,,,I read numerous posts on the diseases thread and also posted this too, but since you all are so nice and know your birds, thought I'd check with you. I tried to take a picture, not sure you can see it well.

Wow that is a beautiful Roo... I wish.... No.. I do not need a rooster. We are supposed to be permitted to have 1 roo for every acre. There are SOOOooo many roos out here. I am sure some of these people are fighting them. But I have no proof. I don't let the girls out to free range unless I am spending time in that part of the yard. So I can keep an eye out for birds of prey. But that sure is a lovely boy you have there. What kind is he?

I am not sure what he is. He isn't mines belongs to my bro-in law. He is a beautiful roo in and out. I told my bro in law the other day how much I love this rooster. He doesn't harass the girls, he keeps an eye on them, calls them when he finds a nice treat. Crows every now and again. You cannot ask for a better roo.

Back
Top Bottom