Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

The blue kote didn't seem to matter, she was right back at her, just as fierce, so, today crazy girl is back in the time out cage and i will leave her in all day.
I thought I'd let them work it out, but after watching her attack the other one, more injuries were sure to follow, so, what's worse, separating crazy girl for another day or constantly attending to wounds? If I do put her back in tomorrow with everyone and the fighting continues, how long do i wait it out to see if it gets resolved?
Oh wait, Crazy lady is the attacker and she's the one who is going into time out? I was thinking more along the lines of putting the injured one in the crate and having her wounds heal so there IS no open wound. Or am I just now getting my first sip of coffee and am all wet?

Gonna be a nice day, right? Right? Right?
celebrate.gif

The blue kote didn't seem to matter, she was right back at her, just as fierce, so, today crazy girl is back in the time out cage and i will leave her in all day.
I thought I'd let them work it out, but after watching her attack the other one, more injuries were sure to follow, so, what's worse, separating crazy girl for another day or constantly attending to wounds? If I do put her back in tomorrow with everyone and the fighting continues, how long do i wait it out to see if it gets resolved?
I introduced the 2 younger girls to the 6 older ones and it took a week before they all started to hang out, still have it once and awhile. It's hard but they get themselves all in order. I think seperating her will just take them longer to get over this? I always kept extra food and water in the coop where they went to hide out. I also heard you could put bird block in the run and they are so interested in that, or a roll of cabbage, they forget about the one being picked on. Or even an obstruction for them to escape to. Some some ideas :) Hope all goes well.

I did three full days of isolation for my bully girl. It seemed to work when she was re introduced back. She had to work her way back up, but never got to top girl, she is 3rd in my observation. she stopped messing with the one she was bullying who is still low girl on the totem pole, but the severe pecking stopped. Free ranging helps a LOT. Do you have a rooster with them? He seems to get in between most squabbles, even though he is ripping everyones feathers out! grrrrrrrrrrrr

MB

HOLY MOLY

is that
the

I SEE OUT MY WINDOW??

no exaggeration, haven't seen it in a week!

YEAH!

Oh, and I just discovered a good smiley emoticon to put on the top of the road trip vacation to

USVIyardbirds house!

Just look how cute we all look partying away!

Last edited:
Excitement! I had the shell less egg this morning, then just went out and collected 3 good ones, AND there's a girl sitting getting ready to lay! That would be an egg from every girl! Maybe tomorrow I will get 5 good ones, yay for spring time :)

Back
Top Bottom