Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Oh wait, Crazy lady is the attacker and she's the one who is going into time out? I was thinking more along the lines of putting the injured one in the crate and having her wounds heal so there IS no open wound. Or am I just now getting my first sip of coffee and am all wet?

Gonna be a nice day, right? Right? Right?
celebrate.gif

Ha ha, no crazy girl is in the time out cage. The wounds on the victim look really good no visible blood, etc. I cleaned them up pretty well. I was really setting myself up for this being a nice day, but alas, she's still crazy.

HOLY MOLY

is that
the

I SEE OUT MY WINDOW??

no exaggeration, haven't seen it in a week!

YEAH!

Oh, and I just discovered a good smiley emoticon to put on the top of the road trip vacation to

USVIyardbirds house!

Just look how cute we all look partying away!

LOVE that, the sun is struggling to come out here as well -- almost a week as well without it. Maybe my crazy hen has seasonale affective disorder !! LOL They promise tomorrow will be MOSTLY sunny but accumulating snow on Tuesday/Wednesday but 50 by Saturday.

I introduced the 2 younger girls to the 6 older ones and it took a week before they all started to hang out, still have it once and awhile. It's hard but they get themselves all in order. I think seperating her will just take them longer to get over this? I always kept extra food and water in the coop where they went to hide out. I also heard you could put bird block in the run and they are so interested in that, or a roll of cabbage, they forget about the one being picked on. Or even an obstruction for them to escape to. Some some ideas :) Hope all goes well.
You are probably right, I should just put her back and let them fight it out. She can get away from her, but that crazy nut lies in wait for her. I just hate worrying about blood and wounds every day. :(

My internet went out for a few days, and I got behind in this thread!

Bullying chickens sounds stressful! I've been kind of lucky, but I understand that's kind of common...shifts in the pecking order? I hope they learn to get along soon.

Yesterday was my first 6 egg day! Yay! My last EE started laying. She's laying pink eggs! I was not expecting that. I'm kind of glad though. I needed some color balance in my egg basket. I'll try to get some pictures of the eggs later. I also candled my latest hatch at the day 7 mark. Out of 24 eggs, 23 are developing nicely. Only one clear, and it was Loretta's first egg, so that wasn't surprising. I may try to get pictures from my candling too.

MB, I love the emoticon of us relaxing in the sun! Last night I dreamed I was at the beach, and that I could still get away with wearing a bikini. *sigh* It was a good dream, and totally unrealistic. We're on day 5 of snow. The kids have now had 14 snow days this semester. Next weekend we're headed east to visit my parents, where it is sure to be 15-20 degrees warmer. I can not wait.

If the isolation time and the distraction food don't work maybe pinless peepers might work. I know they are mainly for feather pickers but it might bug the crazy one enough that she stops.
Can you free range them at all? Maybe they are just getting cramped for space and running around for a bit might help. I let mine out for a bit when they start messing with each other it seems to help even if it's only for 5 to 10 minutes.

If the isolation time and the distraction food don't work maybe pinless peepers might work. I know they are mainly for feather pickers but it might bug the crazy one enough that she stops.
Can you free range them at all? Maybe they are just getting cramped for space and running around for a bit might help. I let mine out for a bit when they start messing with each other it seems to help even if it's only for 5 to 10 minutes.
I love it.... what you call her kdawg...

THE CRAZY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell her to look out,, or we all have plans for her while we are vacationing in US Virgin Islands!

Last edited:
HOLY MOLY

is that
the

I SEE OUT MY WINDOW??

no exaggeration, haven't seen it in a week!

YEAH!

Oh, and I just discovered a good smiley emoticon to put on the top of the road trip vacation to

USVIyardbirds house!

Just look how cute we all look partying away!

Oh, I spoke too soon,, sun stayed out for 15 minutes, then went back behind clouds, and now, its snow squalling. No accumulations,, just swirling all over the place. ugggg....

False alarm, all the eggs i thaught were Bellas wernt, they were my Ancona Bantams. But yesterday she did lay her first egg. I went up and she was missing and i looked in the shed and she was in the nest box. She then got out because i was giving treats out and the nest was empty. She then went and stood in the field for 10 mins and the egg dropped out!:

False alarm, all the eggs i thaught were Bellas wernt, they were my Ancona Bantams. But yesterday she did lay her first egg. I went up and she was missing and i looked in the shed and she was in the nest box. She then got out because i was giving treats out and the nest was empty. She then went and stood in the field for 10 mins and the egg dropped out!:

WOOT! Congrats,, that's a nice egg! Don't you just love when they make us wait, and wait.. and then just pop it out when they're walking along? The other day Charlotte was taking forever to lay her egg. Up the ramp, down the ramp, up the ramp.. and so on. Well a few hours later, I thought for sure she had laid it, and I called them all out for some scratch. Out of the coop she came, and while she was running towards me, and egg fell out! Talk about procrastinating!

Congrats again on the egg Johnn,
MB

WOOT! Congrats,, that's a nice egg! Don't you just love when they make us wait, and wait.. and then just pop it out when they're walking along? The other day Charlotte was taking forever to lay her egg. Up the ramp, down the ramp, up the ramp.. and so on. Well a few hours later, I thought for sure she had laid it, and I called them all out for some scratch. Out of the coop she came, and while she was running towards me, and egg fell out! Talk about procrastinating!

Congrats again on the egg Johnn,
MB
Thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom