Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I've been waiting on my New Hampshires and others also that are all around the same age. They are 24 weeks old. So far only one of the New Hamps has laid eggs and she's been doing it for almost 2 weeks. Am waiting patiently on the others. Haha.

I have 10 Barred Rocks that are all just over 20 weeks and 2-3 of them look ready to lay when comparing their combs and wattles. I got hold of one of them yesterday and was able to check the pelvic bones and they were definitely more spread apart than the more immature looking pullets. And just a few minutes ago I heard my first egg song. She was standing at the entrance of the coop and started singing. All the others stopped and looked at her then one of the young cockerels started chasing her and that was the end of that. No egg yet, but hopefully soon.

Hi, Mine have been going in and out of the coop a bunch lately, walking up and down the ramp, but it could be the warm weather making them uneasy. Still no eggs. They are 21 weeks old as of yesterday. Puppy is 14 weeks today, need to get off here and to the vets for puppy shot and flea protection. DD and GD coming in this afternoon for the weekend. My SIL and GS are joint us tomorrow. I guess the quest for a New England home just got more serious. I want to go apple picking Sunday and down here we are supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow. I want to put some fill under the coop and clean up the chicken yard a little tomorrow morning while my DH is around to help. We had a dozen or so wild turkeys in the yard yesterday.

No more waiting. Just found my first egg. Small but perfect. Unfortunately she doesn't get what the nest box is for. Oh well. I'm excited.

THE TOP SILVER ONE IS LAYING EGGS WELL ITS ONE OR THE OTHER I HAVE 2 ONE IS LAYING NOW FOR 2 WEEKS, THE OTHER IS NOT. tHE BOTTOM WHITE IS MY yOKO SHE IS THE SAME AGE REDDER THAN RED BUT HASN'T STARTED YET. I AM NOT SURE OF AGE OF ASTRLOPES BUT I KEEP THINKING SOON NOW, THE BRAHMA IS REAL RED NOT SURE OF AGE, KEEP HOPING, THE WELSUMMER(?) NOT SURE OF HER AGE EITHER. bOUGHT THESE ONES FROM A LADY BACK IN LATE JUNE. SHE HAD SO MANY AT DIFFERENT AGES SO SHE REALLY COULDN'T TELL ME. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

THE TOP SILVER ONE IS LAYING EGGS WELL ITS ONE OR THE OTHER I HAVE 2 ONE IS LAYING NOW FOR 2 WEEKS, THE OTHER IS NOT. tHE BOTTOM WHITE IS MY yOKO SHE IS THE SAME AGE REDDER THAN RED BUT HASN'T STARTED YET. I AM NOT SURE OF AGE OF ASTRLOPES BUT I KEEP THINKING SOON NOW, THE BRAHMA IS REAL RED NOT SURE OF AGE, KEEP HOPING, THE WELSUMMER(?) NOT SURE OF HER AGE EITHER. bOUGHT THESE ONES FROM A LADY BACK IN LATE JUNE. SHE HAD SO MANY AT DIFFERENT AGES SO SHE REALLY COULDN'T TELL ME. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? tHE RED ONE IS MY 17 WEEK OLD BUCKEYE, JUST ONE OF THEM 2 ARE STARTING TO TURN RED THE OTHER TWO ARE NOT.

Back
Top Bottom